Employer: NCN Justice Department
Position: Administrative Assistant
Deadline: Monday November 16, 2020 @ noon
Start Date: TBD
Wage Range: TBD
Ref #: NCN 2020-11-03-002
Under the supervision of the Executive Director of Justice & Public Safety, the Administrative Assistant performs a variety of administrative duties in support of the NCN Department of Justice & Public Safety (J&PS). The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for all general office procedures of the NCN Justice office. The Administrative Assistant is the first contact to greet and assist all visitors and community members.
- Answer all incoming calls in a professional and courteous manner and forward calls to the appropriate personnel and will take messages.
- Address every inquiry and information with highest confidentiality.
- Greet visitors, clients and staff ascertain nature and directs visitors to appropriate person.
- Maintain a record of all incoming and outgoing correspondence including faxes;
- Pick up Justice mail from Post Office.
- Maintain an adequate and updated filing system for the NCN Justice Department that ensures easy and quick access to files that may be needed or retrieved.
- Ensure all confidential files and equipment and storage rooms are locked at the end of each day.
- Maintain inventory of all Justice’s equipment.
- File all doctor slips, application for leave and personnel correspondence in employees file.
- Record and type minutes of any staff meetings and distribute to all staff prior to the next staff meeting.
- Maintain and update staff’s daily sign in sheets, request for all timesheets to be submitted.
- Ensure office and coffee supplies are adequately stocked at all times.
- Ensure that all printers, fax machine and photo copier is filled with paper at all times and ensure all equipment is running adequately.
- Be responsible in maintaining and updating the current telephone system.
- Establish and coordinate administrative policies and procedures for officials
- Analyze incoming and outgoing memoranda, submissions and reports and prepare and coordinate the preparation and submission of summary briefs and reports to officials
- Prepare agendas and make arrangements for meetings
- Meet with individuals on behalf of officials to discuss issues and assess and recommend various courses of action
- Liaise with departmental and government officials and with other organizations on behalf of officials
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of secondary school is required
- Experience in a related administrative occupation is required
- Clear criminal record and child abuse registry check
Skills & Abilities:
- Communicate effectively with members, staff and other individuals;
- Have a proficient level of verbal, written and communication skills;
- Have a proficient level of computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and software applications, etc.)
- Possess excellent organizational and time-management skills
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Kim Linklater, Executive Director of Human Resources
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-2107
Fax: (204) 484-2588