Employer: Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Position: COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Start Date: ASAP
Wage Range: Negotiable
Ref #: NCN 2022-03-08-001
Deadline: Posting will continue until position is filled
The Communications Coordinator will support our internal and external communications strategy, write and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate promotional events.
The Communications Coordinator should be able to think creatively, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. A Bachelor’s Degree with experience in a communications role or equivalent experience in a similar role is strongly desired.
- Collaborate with leadership and management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy
- Write, edit and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates NCN’s activities and services
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange media interviews, and act as a spokesperson for NCN
- Oversee gathering of content for NCN’s monthly newsletter and act as liaison with publisher
- Draft correspondence, and assist in preparing and editing a variety of internal and external documents, i.e., advertisements, reports, agendas, briefing notes, etc.
- Oversee and monitor NCN messaging on a variety of social media platforms
- Maintain inventory of public relations material: banners, brochures, tablecloths, etc.
- Establish effective relationships with media outlets, and maintain a media and photo database
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics
- Proficiency in design and publishing software
- Incorporate translation tools and software for community use
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or related field
- Minimum 2 years experience in a communications role
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems and social media platforms
- Ability to speak Cree an asset
- Must able to write briefing notes
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field may be an asset.
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Kim Linklater, Executive Director of Human Resources
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-2107
Fax: (204) 484-2588