Employer: NCN Housing Authority (NHHA)
Deadline: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Start Date: ASAP
Wage Range: TBA
Ref #: NCN 2022-11-04-002
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Housing, the Receptionist plays a key role in representing the Nelson House Housing Authority. The Receptionist is responsible for maintaining the reception area, and keeping it clean and tidy. They must be punctual, friendly, polite and courteous to staff, visitors and to the public at large. Must be aware of the programs and services offered at the NHHA, and be able to provide general information to the public.
The Receptionist responsibilities include:
- Receiving visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately.
- Answering, screening and forwarding incoming phone calls.
- Receiving and sorting daily mail.
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationary and material.
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling.
- Order office supplies and keep inventory of stock.
- Schedule meetings.
- Arrange travel and accommodations.
- Perform other clerical reception duties such as filing, photocopying and faxing.
- Receiving service requests from housing tenants and public by phone or in-person.
- Fill out work order requests for Maintenance Supervisor to review and distribute to plumbers, electricians and carpenter crews.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Excellent time management and communications skills..
- MS (Microsoft) Office proficiency.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Customer service attitude.
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Nora Thomas, Human Resource Administrator
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-1178
Fax: (204) 484-2588