Department: NCN Housing Authority
Position: One (1) Full Time/Term Journeyman Plumber
Deadline: Wednesday May 12, 2021 @ noon
Start Date: TBD
Salary Range: Negotiable
Ref #: NCN 2021-04-28-001
Position Summary/Job Description
Under the direct supervision of the NCN Housing Director, the Incumbent performs maintenance and construction work for all NCN houses and commercial buildings. Work involves requisitioning materials and supplies; estimating work hours and materials required for projects; and coordinating activities with other technical people. Work under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Plumber to work in cooperation with other trades and labourers to ensure that all specifications, legislation and policies are met, and to ensure efficient completion of any project. Providing adequate services will ensure that all water supply networks and waste and drainage systems are installed, repaired and maintained to meet all standards of building codes and safety.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Install, maintain, and repair different types of pipe systems in new or existing construction (both commercial and residential).
- Must be able to follow building plans or blueprints and instructions from supervisor(s)
- Must be able to lay out the job, work efficiently, and within the guidelines of all required plumbing codes and regulations.
- Ability to manage subordinates and communicate well with other technical people.
- Supervises, assigns, and inspects the work of subordinates; supervises and participates in preventive, corrective, and emergency maintenance programs.
- Prepares estimates of work hours, materials, and resources required for projects, initiates requisitions for materials and supplies; and prepares reports and maintains records of repairs.
- Attends to emergency calls
- Problem solves
- Perform other related duties as required
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Housing policy, codes, rules, and regulations.
- Most of the work is residential plumbing maintenance repairs and renovations.
- Certified Journeyman Plumber, with a Red Seal, is required to supervise plumbers and apprentices and manage the plumbing unit within Housing.
- Extensive experience and expertise in maintenance, operating and repairing equipment.
- Physically able to perform assigned duties
- Valid Manitoba Drivers License – Class 5
- Current Criminal Records Check
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Kim Linklater, Executive Director of Human Resources
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-2107
Fax: (204) 484-2588