Employer: Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation – LER
Position: NCN Fisheries Manager
Deadline: Friday, May 20, 2021
Start Date: ASAP
Wage Range: $1498.00/biweekly
Ref #: NCN 2021.05.11-001
Under the general direction of the Executive Director of Lands, Environment and Resources (LER), the NCN Fisheries Manager is responsible for assisting in all aspects of the planning, organization and coordination of activities related to the NCN Commercial Fisheries Program.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
But are not limited to the following activities:
- To receive fresh fish that is lawfully caught by licensed commercial fishers for sale to Freshwater Fish Marketing Corporation at the NHFA delivery point.
- To inspect, weigh and grade all fish received at the NHFA delivery point and issue each day a daily catch record to each Fisher who delivered fish. The weight of any culled fish must be recorded on the daily catch record.
- To pack, handle and arrange for the delivery according to the existing Freshwater freight agreement, of all packed fish from the NHFA delivery point to the Freshwater Fish Marketing Corporation in Winnipeg.
- Assume Responsibility for fish quality, conformance of packed fish to Freshwater Fish Marketing Corporations size grading and form criteria and for all shipping documents.
- To notify the carrier, prior to pre-arranged pick up time, of the amount of packed fish ready to be loaded.
- To notify Freshwater Fish Marketing Corporation in Winnipeg of shipping days and amount of fish by shipping advice or load break down.
- Assume responsibility for issuing credit to fishers delivering their catch to NHFA
- Provide Government Agency with daily catch records in an orderly timely fashion.
- To permit any Government inspector or other persons authorized by FFMC to examine the packing faculties and equipment used in the fish packing process.
- To be responsible for the care and control of blue fish tubs and to submit quarterly reports to Freshwater Fish Marketing Corporation in conformance with the established care and control of our container policy.
- To keep copies of all fish purchasing, shipping, bills of lading, purchase order documents in an orderly fashion.
- Manage day to day operations at NHFA, to include inventory control of all equipment and supplies
- Prepare and submit annual CAP/CIP funding applications to Trust Office.
- Responsible for receiving or delegating staff members to receive fish after normal working hours.
- Ensure that all subsidy payments are made to all fishers at the end each season, minus deductions.
- Responsible for ensuring that daily sanitation is done at NHFA plant.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Willing to train, however some required skills for these position(s) include:
- Minimum grade 12 education with some previous managerial experience is preferred.
- Must possess a valid MB class 5 driver’s license.
- Basic First Aid and CPR required..
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with basic computer and other Microsoft office software.
- Training and experience in developing and managing budgets and some basic booking skills is an asset.
- Must be willing to work weekends and overtime when required.
- Must be prompt, courteous and willing to learn
- Good communication skills and be able to interact with visitors and resource users in a polite and positive manner;
- Experience working with boats, ATVs, skidoos, or vehicles and related maintenance/repair skills;
For more information or clarification on this posting, please contact Edward Primorse (204) 679.4248.
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Kim Linklater, Executive Director of Human Resources
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-2107
Fax: (204) 484-2588
We thank all who submit an expression of interest, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.