Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Worker/Driver performs duties such as driving; supply drop-offs, supply pickups, and general maintenance of the building.
- Picking up/dropping off supplies to and from Thompson.
- Working with hazardous materials.
- General maintenance (i.e., wiping down, organizing, disinfecting, tire repairs) of the Maintenance Department Truck.
- Basic carpentry skills for duties such as small repairs, drywall repair/replacement, flooring, and painting etc.
- Maintain inventory of supplies.
- May include transportation of gas, oil, propane, and boats, snowmobiles etc.
- Basic electrical repairs and heating and air conditioning etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must know how to interpret a Safety Data Sheet.
- Ability to safely navigate a vehicle on rough roads while transporting hazardous materials.
- Able to identify different classes of hazardous materials.
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment wear (i.e., protective clothing, eye protection, respiratory protection)
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certification
- Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHIMIS)/Globally Harmonized System (GHS) Certification.
- A valid Manitoba Class 5 Driver’s license is a requirement.
- A criminal record check and Child Abuse Registry is a requirement of all FCWC positions.
Salary: BW2 $35,297.00 – $38,601.00 annually
Closing date: June 16, 2021
Location: Nelson House Office 14 Bayroad
Submit all Applications to: Anna Nadine Spence
Director of Human Resources
Go to the NCNFCWC website to apply online: https://www.ncnwellness.ca/jobs/ncn-family-community-wellness-centre-maintenance-worker-driver/