Department: NCN Emergency Medical Services
Position: Primary Care Paramedic x 2 (One year term & One Full time/Permanent)
Deadline: Friday August 13, 2021
Start Date: ASAP
Salary Range: BASE $22.99/Hour additional for call back, overtime and travel.
Ref #: NCN 2021-07-30-001
POSITION SUMMARY/JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Primary Care Paramedic, under the direction of the Director of Emergency Services, is primarily responsible for ensuring quality, safe, and efficient patient care and transportation in unpredictable environments. This position conducts initial patient assessments, treatments, and triage, safely transports patients, and manages accident scenes. Additionally, the Primary Care Paramedic is responsible for coordinating with internal and external emergency responders.
THE PRIMARY CARE PARAMEDIC IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Efficiently and safely initiate and respond to calls following medical priority dispatch protocols and response time performance standards.
- Collaborate with co-workers and other emergency services responders to problem solve patient extraction and care issues safely.
- Assist in arranging medical evacuations, as needed.
- Collect patient medical history, if possible, and continuously monitor vital signs.
- Conduct patient assessments and apply pre-hospital treatment as needed in a timely manner.
- Operate equipment safely in accordance with established procedures.
- Comfort and reassure patients.
- Adhere to medical protocols and procedures, legal guidelines, and health and safety standards.
- Complete reports and paperwork to document events and the nature of injuries during a call or shift.
- Assist hospital personnel as required.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient personal information and medical records.
- Safely operates emergency medical services (EMS) vehicles and complete regular safety checks.
- Conduct inventory of supplies, equipment, and medications.
- Maintain a clean work area and decontaminate vehicle and equipment as needed.
- Report infectious diseases to the proper authorities.
- Adopt safe work practices in accordance with all company policies.
- Stay up to date on new treatments and medical procedures through continual training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 to 3 years of work experience in a related position required.
- Postsecondary degree or diploma in a related field preferred.
- Primary Care Paramedic (PCP) certification required.
- Membership in the Paramedic Association of Manitoba (PAM) preferred.
- First Aid and CPR Level C certificate required.
- The ability to meet minimum physical fitness standards.
- A valid driver license (Class 4).
- Criminal background check and vulnerable sector clearance.
- Computer literacy preferred.
- Knowledge of the local area preferred.
- Up to date immunizations required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Adhere to the Manitoba Paramedics Licensing Standards
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, child abuse and adult abuse record, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Kim Linklater, Executive Director of Human Resources
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-2107
Fax: (204) 484-2588