Department: ATEC CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE
Position: ASSISTANT EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Deadline: Thursday, June 15, 2023
Start Date: ASAP
Salary Range: NEGOTIABLE
Ref #: NCN-2023-06-01-001
ATEC is looking for an Assistant Executive Director is a professional who supports the director in overseeing the operations and assist in developing and implementing ATEC’s goals & vision
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assistant Director will collaborate with the director to coordinate daily activities, ensure compliance with regulations and internal policies, and monitor the achievement of objectives.
- Will make decisions in the best interest of the organization.
- Will have experience in performance and operations management.
- Assistant Director will demonstrate excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Assistant Director will be proficiently use MS Office and relational databases, and possess strong communication and problem-solving abilities.
- Assistant Director is responsible for overseeing the Accounting Department to ensure that the financial controls are in place.
- Assistant Director will undertake staffing responsibilities, assist in budgeting and expense monitoring, and maintain event scheduling.
- Create reports, represent the company as needed, and fulfill duties assigned by the director.
- Plays a crucial role in supporting the director and facilitating the smooth functioning of the organization.
- Undertake staffing responsibilities (hiring, training, evaluating etc.)
- Assist in proposal writing to ensure that funding needs are met.
- Work in collaboration with partners, governments in support of ATEC goals and mission.
- Responsible for evaluating the performance of personnel in the Accounting Department such as recommending training requirements; the duty to keep Finance staff the highest level of skill necessary to meet the company needs and objectives, recommend that personnel hired or removed from the departments
- Oversee and supervise the administrative functions of the organization including reception, property/facility management, safety of the work environment and provisions of furnishings and equipment necessary for effective operations
- All other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of ATEC Centre of Excellence.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent Time Management skills
- Team player
- Critical thinking skills and problem-solving skills.
- Sense of ownership and pride in performance and its impact on ATEC’s success
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience as an Assistant Director or similar role
- Ability to oversee several departments.
- Familiar with Training and Employment Initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree BCom/BA in Business Administration or related field
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Nora Thomas, Human Resource Administrator
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-1178
Fax: (204) 484-2588
Email: [email protected]