Position: Retail Store Manager
Application Deadline: July 30, 2020
At Meta Cannabis, we set the standard for customer experience. Our philosophy is simple: match the products we sell with the specific needs of each customer, offer our products in a clean contemporary space that invites return visits, and make a positive impact on the communities in which we live and work. We are currently searching for an energetic and charismatic leader to join our team as a Store Manager.
You’re a natural teacher and have a passion for helping others deliver outstanding customer service. Reporting to the Regional Director, you will lead, coach, and develop your team to make a positive impact in our community.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Take initiative: recruit, coach, and train top talent in a emerging new industry to ensure your team educates and informs their customers.
- Live the culture: be the industry leader in delivering a knowledgeable, genuine, and exceptional customer experience.
- Have an eye for detail: make sure the store is inviting, spotless, and well merchandised.
- Share your passion: as the resident expert and enthusiast on our products, you ensure enviable staff training and development.
- Build the brand: create a welcoming environment for customers and make a positive impact engaging with the communities in which we work.
- Make it happen: use your problem-solving and collaborative approach to achieve the (seemingly) impossible.
- Aspire for operational excellence: Develop and implement processes and procedures, oversee inventory, provide feedback on product trends and customer needs, maintain corporate visual merchandising standards, as well as assist with audits and LGCA requirements.
If you have:
- Demonstrated leadership ability including a minimum 2 years’ retail management experience
- High level of ethics, values, integrity, and trust
- Flexible schedule (weekdays, weekends and evenings
- Ability to develop and train staff through positive coaching and feedback
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Passion for customer service excellence
And these qualifications:
- MS Office suite
- POS expertise
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Demonstrated abilities in visual planning and merchandising
NAC Thompson North GP Ltd is a proudly band-owned company providing services to Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation Citizens as well as surrounding communities and First Nations, operating on NCN Reserve (Thompson). Under Section 7 of the Employment Equity Act (EEA), NAC Thompson North GP Ltd will give preferential hiring treatment based on the Aboriginal Employment Preferences Policy (AEPP).
Candidates from this group who wish to qualify for preferential consideration must self-identify in their application and including corroborating information regarding Nation/Band Membership.
Although NAC Thompson North GP Ltd applies AEPP, employment opportunities will be open to all qualified applicants based on their knowledge, skills, abilities and suitability and there will be no discrimination based on sex, marital status, religion, age, race, sexual orientation, or individuals with disabilities.
Statement on Diversity & Inclusivity
Meta Growth O/A Meta Cannabis Supply Co provides services in one of the most diverse countries in the world The diversity of our communities takes many forms It includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status We see diversity as an asset to our organization and communities and strive to be reflective of the communities that we serve We commit ourselves to promoting better understanding and appreciation of our human diversity; a commitment which is best realized through our individual and collective effort.
Meta Growth is professionally and personally committed to celebrating the rich diversity of people who work in our company, to those who live in our communities, and to those who access our services and resources We believe that it is critical that our services empower freedom of thought and opinion in an environment of mutual respect All of our activities and interactions are enriched by accepting each other as we are and by celebrating our uniqueness as well as our commonality We are guided by the principle that celebrating diversity enriches and empowers the lives of all people.
Meta Growth O/A Meta Cannabis Supply Co welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities, as such reasonable accommodations are available upon request from a candidate with a disability, thus ensuring you can take part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process If as a qualified job applicant, you request an accommodation, Meta Growth will consult with you and provide reasonable accommodations according to your accessibility needs If you wish to make a request, please provide a cover letter, when applying to this position.
The successful candidate to this role will be asked to complete a background screen, which may include criminal, credit, employment and/or educational checks All offers of employment are conditional on the receipt of satisfactory results of any applicable check.
This is an evolving position as such, the job responsibilities and title may shift to reflect a change in requirements
How to apply:
Unless otherwise stated, at this time, applications will only be considered from candidates eligible to work in Canada, without sponsorship, either at the time of applying or at any time in the future.
If you are interested in this position and can clearly demonstrate that you meet the requirements defined in the job description, please put #chooseme on your resume and complete our online application form. Or you may submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org