It has recently come to the attention of Chief and Council that some Citizens are unsure if a lockdown will be in effect for the August 2020 long weekend. Although Covid-19 numbers in Manitoba have increased in recent weeks, these cases are isolated and do not appear to pose an immediate threat to our area – and are being contained in the southern regions of Manitoba. At this time there are no plans to reinstate the lockdown.
Although the lockdown IS NOT in effect, we do ask that everyone continue to be very cautious as the virus is still a major concern and we must remain vigilant. If you have any of the COVID-19 symptoms then you should get tested and self-isolate immediately.
IT IS STILL EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO:
- Wash your hands frequently;
- Clean your homes and vehicles frequently with sanitizing solutions;
- Not share utensils, cigarettes, cannabis or drinks;
- Maintain a safe distance (six feet or 2 metres) between you and other people who do not live in the same household;
- Wear a mask when in public spaces with large numbers of people.
I also want to remind everyone that we all must do our part to keep each other safe. If the threat increases, then we will reconsider whether to reimplement the lockdown.
YOU ARE ALSO REMINDED THAT:
- Children 17 years and under are not to be out between 11:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. daily.
- VLTs are now open from 12 noon – 1:00 a.m. daily.
- State of Emergency has been extended to August 31, 2020. The current State of Emergency Orders in Council can be read on www.ncncree.com
- ATVs are not to be operational after 11:00 p.m. daily.
- Per the Community Protection Law, alcohol and cannabis limits are now per day.
Please have a safe and enjoyable August long weekend and remember that we all must do our part to keep each other safe. Continue to be extremely careful to protect yourself and others from the
Chief Marcel Moody
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation