POSITION: Literacy Specialist, N-GR. 12
POSTED: May 31st, 2021
CLOSING DATE: June 11th, 2021
INTERVIEWS; June 14-23rd, 2021
START DATE: To Be Determined
NNCEA is seeking a hire a dynamic educator to be our Literacy Specialist for our Nursery to grade 12 schools. NNCEA is celebrating 40 years of First Nations Control of its school system & you can be a part of it. The successful candidate will be part of the service delivery team & be the leader and responsible for enhancing and strengthening the English Language Arts and Literacy programming/support in our schools. A comprehensive approach to “closing the gap” in Literacy and utilizing best practices via early intervention, balanced literacy & professional development are some key areas. Your knowledge, expertise in Literacy programming & working in collaboration with school administration, the literacy coaches, our classroom teachers & parents is an expectation. The Literacy Specialist will be accountable to the Resource Program Administrator & respective Principals.
- Minimum of an undergraduate and/or graduate degree in education with a successful, varied teaching and/or specialized training in Mathematics and school administrative experience
- A Manitoba Teacher’s Certificate or eligibility for teacher certification in Manitoba
- Knowledge of Nihitho/Cree language, traditions/culture, First Nations school systems/organizations in MB
- Knowledge/skills in ICIE or FNCFNE; school system operations; educational trends in field of Math; the Manitoba Math curriculum; integration of Aboriginal perspectives, differentiation of instruction; parent education, community engagement, etc.
- The ability to perform all the job requirements with minimal direction in a fast-paced, unique setting.
- Exceptional skills in: program development; communication (oral & written); organizing; multi-tasking; use of the technology; remote learning; facilitation; inclusive education programming; supervision/delegation; assessment; team building; etc.
- Able to take direction, model a positive work ethic and maintain confidentiality
Please send a cover letter, update resume with the names of three references to:
NNCEA @ AMEC, Nelson House, Manitoba
NB: Successful candidate must submit a clear Child Abuse Registry Check and a clear Criminal Record Check OR Vulnerable Sector Check.
ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED
NB: Tentative start date for new staff who have to orientate or isolate is August 16th, 2021 OR by September 1st, 2021 for those who do not have to isolate