Arctic Gateway Freight Services in Thompson, Manitoba is hiring a Labour – Back Up Class 1 Driver
This position combines a wide variety of tasks, including (but ,not limited to):
- Responsible to spot the operator when loading freight onto railcars and tie down equipment. Ensure proper tools are loaded into work trucks.
- Operate the pig gun when loading trailers on and off pig cars.
- Responsible for the daily maintenance and upkeep of the equipment.
- Responsible to keep rail yard and compound clean. Clearing snow when required.
- Responsible to monitor supplies and request restocking when needed.
- Assist the Manager in any other miscellaneous tasks they require from time to time
The successful candidate will:
- Have a valid Class 1 license
- Complete a successful pre-employment drug and alcohol test
- Have strong reading and writing skills
- Be committed to working safe
- Be willing to work in a positive, respectful environment
- Have experience in the railroad industry (asset but not required)
Here’s what we offer:
- A competitive wage
- Extensive benefits
- A positive. supportive work environment
- The satisfaction of being part of a growing company in the north with a lot of potential
Send your resumes to:
Office Manager, Freight Services
T: (204) 677-4338
C: (204) 670-4728
Box 187, 196 Station Road
Thompson, MB R8N 1 N 1