Employer Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Position: INTERNAL IT SUPPORT TECH X 3 POSITIONS
Deadline: THURSDAY, March 24, 2022
Start Date: ASAP
Wage Range: Negotiable
Ref #: NCN 2022-03-010-001
Internal IT Support is responsible for timely and effective resolutions to end-user productivity issues as they relate to IT-serviced computer operations. This will be accomplished by performing question/problem diagnoses, guiding users through to issue resolution, communicating technical solutions in user-friendly language, and conducting end-user training where necessary. IT Support is also responsible for recording problems/solutions within the IT call-tracking system.
- Resolve end-user IT issues, such as password reset, software questions, PC hardware problems, Internet connectivity, configurations, and so on.
- Provide one-on-one end-user support and problem resolution via telephone, e-mail, and other vehicles of communication.
- Diagnose and resolve minor network issues (e.g. LAN access).
- Recognize and escalate deeper and more complex issues to Tier 2 support technicians.
- Assist PC and network technicians by troubleshooting software, hardware, and network issues.
- Where necessary, assist network technicians in installing network interface cards, hubs, switches, network cabling, and so on.
- Accurately log work orders/IT tickets and resolutions into IT software management system; maintain vigilant maintenance of this process.
- Prioritize work orders/IT tickets according to severity.
- Conduct timely repair of IT equipment covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
- Empower employees to find the tools to find IT solutions.
- Provide training to employees, teaching basic IT skills to minimize unnecessary tickets.
- Use IT log entries to pinpoint trends and trouble spots in order to conduct proactive maintenance or repairs.
- Compile, maintain, and file all repair records, reports, and other documents as required.
- Always maintains a high degree of professionalism, courteousness, and friendliness
- High school diploma or equivalent, with a college or university degree preferred, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience.
- CompTIA A+/Network+ or MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) certification preferred.
- Five years of direct work experience in an IT support capacity.
- Ability to diagnose problems, perform repairs on IT assets, and provide support for a wide range of applications.
- Experience with hardware.
- Experience with software.
- Able to quickly analyze issues and determine best course of action using available resources.
- Sound judgment to escalate issues to senior members within the IT organization.
- Knowledge of IT management software tools.
- Excellent written, oral, and telephone communication skills.
- Able to communicate in user-friendly language.
- Knowledge of computer workstation setup.
- Exceptional multi-tasking abilities and prioritization skills.
- Team player able to work under pressure.
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Kim Linklater, Executive Director of Human Resources
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-2107
Fax: (204) 484-2588