Department: NCN Government Office
Position: Interim Payroll Clerk
Deadline: Tuesday, November 29, 2022
Start Date: TBD-Posting will continue until position is filled
Salary Range: Negotiable
Ref #: NCN 2022-11-15-001
The Payroll (PR) Clerk is directly responsible for performing data entry and related duties in disbursing payroll to individuals. The job includes maintaining ledgers on Staff Advances and Garnishees. The Payroll Clerk will also ensure the timely and accurate payment processing to the Receiver General, pension, rent, Garnishees and other related party transactions. This position involves diplomatic interaction to provide payroll information and support to minimize payroll-related issues.
- Process bi-weekly payroll, including summarizing of timesheets for all staff.
- Post and reconcile staff advances monthly. Provide listing to the Chief Financial Officer by the 15th of the month following.
- Monitor staff benefits for accuracy – reporting missing information to HR for adjustments.
- Post PR data to the general ledger.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records.
- Ensure payroll follows the Nisichawayasihk Finance Law and the Nisichawayasihk Personal Policy.
- Issuance of ROEs as per required by Law,
- Issue T4s and submit to CRA as required.
- Investigate payment problems while following policies and procedures.
- Assist with audit requirements at year-end
- Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines for payroll processing.
- Working knowledge of the Canadian Labour Standards Code and Manitoba Labour code would be advantageous.
- Must possess a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information.
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy are essential skills.
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Nora Thomas, Human Resource Administrator
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-1178
Fax: (204) 484-2588