Under the general supervision of the General Manager, the successful candidate will perform the following duties:
- Housing Inspector for Ininew Limited Partnerships current contract with CMHC and ISC On Reserve Band Housing contracts.
- Housing Inspections for: On-Reserve Non-Profit Housing Program (Section 95) Progress Advance Validations, Physical Condition Reviews and Renovation Programs reviews.
- Prepare and maintain accurate inspection records in both electronic and manual formats .
- During the walk-through, write the percentage completion of components and take photos .
- Complete and sign the progress report and submit to our Winnipeg office for processing .
- Prepare information for files and reports in respect to matters relative to the section .
- Successful candidate will travel to the site to meet with the First Nation representative and complete a walk-through of the site or building.
- Present a professional, positive, knowledgeable, and conscientious image to the public at all times.
- Work in coordination with other staff, other departments, and external agencies.
- Certified Engineering/ Architectural Technologist/Certified Tradespeople and/or have post-secondary education related to building design or construction.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years directly related work experience. First Nation Experience is a definite asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the requirements of the Building Code Act, the Manitoba Building Codes, and any other applicable laws as they apply to all buildings in general, and more specifically, to architectural and structural systems.
- Designation or eligible for designation as a Certified Building Code Official is desirable.
- Must be proficient in the reading and interpretation of drawings, specifications, and other technical documents.
- Computer skills are required.
- Must have strong communication and customer service skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Valid driver’s licence and use of a personal vehicle is essential.
This is a casual position with the potential to extend to full time. Salary – Commensurate with experience.
Closing date: Accepting resumes until May 21, 2021, resumes reviewed as received.
Work Location: Northern Manitoba
Candidates must be eligible for reliability clearance at his or her own expense.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please email resume to: Loretta Smith- firstname.lastname@example.org
#208 – 1075 Portage Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3G 0R8
Tel. (204) 956-0900
Fax (204) 956-4766