Public Service Announcement
Income Assistance Issuance March 30th to April 3rd, 2020
DATE: 27TH MARCH 2020
TO: NCN CITIZENS
FROM: CHIEF AND COUNCIL
SUBJECT: INCOME ASSISTANCE ISSUANCE FROM 30TH MARCH TO 3RD APRIL 2020
APRIL INCOME ASSISTANCE TO BE DISTRIBUTED IN TWO PAYMENTS
1ST PAYMENT FROM MONDAY, 30TH MARCH TO FRIDAY, 3RD APRIL 2020
Income Assistance will be issued at the Gilbert McDonald Arena from:
- Monday, 30th March to Friday, 3rd April 2020
- 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
It is important to note:
- The first 50% of everyone’s allowance will be issued by Purchase Order this coming week
- The remaining 50% balance will be issued by cheque by the 15th April 2020
- Families are not expected to spend this all at once
- Three Rivers Store will carry your credit
- Only 10 people will be allowed into the store at a time
- Security will be in place to make sure physical distances of 2 metres or 6 feet is maintained
- Families will be a priority in issuing Income Assistance
These measure are necessary as on March 20, 2020, Chief and Council called a “State of Emergency” to minimize the risks related to the current coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) declared by the World Health Organization on 11th March 2020. A ban on non-essential travel into and out of the community went into effect on March 22, 2020 for all persons except those providing essential services. Further restrictions were put into effect on March 27, 2020 including further limits on public gathering and a curfew.
Chief and Council have taken all of these steps and other proactive steps to protect the health and safety of NCN citizens and those living on NCN Lands to prevent the spread of the coronavirus pandemic.
So far there are no cases in northern Manitoba. Together we can contain the spread of this COVID-19 virus which has made so many people sick around the world.