Department: Housing Department
Position: Administrative Assistant – Youth Internship
Start Date: August 3, 2020
Salary Range: To be determined
Ref #: NCN 2020-08-08-001
Deadline: July 22, 2020 @12:00pm
Under the supervision of the Director of Housing, the intern administrative assistant will be responsible for all general office procedures of the NCN Housing Department.
Job Duties & Key functions:
- Will answer all incoming calls in a professional and courteous manner and forward calls to the appropriate personnel and will take messages.
- Will greet visitors, ascertain nature and directs visitors to appropriate person.
- Will maintain a record of all incoming and outgoing correspondence including faxes;
- Will take work orders from NCN citizens.
- Will maintain an adequate and updated filing system for the Housing Office that ensures easy and quick access to files that may be needed or retrieved.
- Will ensure all confidential files and equipment and storage rooms are locked at the end of each day.
- Will maintain inventory of all housing equipment
- Will record and type minutes of staff and board meetings.
- Will maintain and update staff’s daily sign in sheets, request for all timesheets to be submitted.
- Will ensure office and coffee supplies are adequately stocked at all times.
- Will ensure that all printers, fax machine and photo copier is filled with paper at all times.
- Will be responsible in maintaining and updating the current telephone system.
- All other duties as assigned.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE SHOULD POSSES THE FOLLOWING:
- Must be a Youth between the age of 18 – 29 years old
- Grade 12 graduate or equivalent
- Must be proficient with Microsoft
- Must be willing to learn
- Computer knowledge (ie. Use software packages; knowledge of hardware and trouble shooting) or willingness to learn
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – ability to adapt to diverse environments and work with individuals from various age groups
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
- Time management, organizational, and project management skills are essential
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Kim Linklater, Executive Director of Human Resources
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604