Department: NCN HOUSING AUTHORITY
Position: HOUSING BOARD MEMBER X 2 positions
Deadline: Monday, November 14, 2022
Start Date: TBA
Salary Range: Honorarium Provided
Ref #: NCN-2022-11-14-001
Position Summary/Job Description:
The Board is responsible to implement and execute the Housing Policy and its guidelines. The Board of Directors will be responsible for the governance and operations of Nisichawayasihk Housing Authority.
- Having overall responsibility for the development and implementation of the NCN Housing Authority;
- Developing short and long term goals and objectives and plan to meet the Housing Authority needs of NCN members residing in Nelson House
- Ensuring an annual budget to Council at the beginning of each fiscal year for approval. The board shall not exceed the annual budget without the Council’s approval;
- Approving the financial reports to ensure that expenditures are valid and are charged to the correct budget items and that budgets have not been over expended;
- Ensuring minutes of meetings and regular finance statements and an annual report to the Band Council and meet with Chief and Council, as deemed necessary
- Promoting involvement of NCN members in examining Housing issues and in setting Housing priorities
- Ensuring that yearly review process the NCN Housing Authority is conducted.
- Engage in other related duties as determined by Chief and Council.
- Selection of Housing allocation
ELIGIBILITY: To be an eligible candidate you must be at least 18 years of age, a registered member of the Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation or the spouse of a registered member, residing in the community, not convicted of an indictable offense und the Criminal Code of Canada. Candidates must also not be an employee of the Housing Authority and be willing to sign an Oath of Office.
APPOINTMENT: The Board of Directors will be appointed for a period of up to four (4) years and will be accountable to Chief & Council. The composition of the Board consists of six (6) members. The board members must commit to regular monthly meetings, any special meetings, as well as participates in Board Development Training and Policy Development committees.
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and letter of interest to:
Nora Thomas, Human Resource Administrator
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-1178
Fax: (204) 484-2588