Employer: NCN Women’s Shelter
Position: Maintenance Worker
Start Date: ASAP
Wage Range: TBA
Ref #: NCN 2020-12-11-001
Deadline: Monday, January 4, 2021 @ 12:00pm
*NOTE* TRANSITIONAL JOB DECRIPTION – The NCN Women’s Shelter is in the process of restructuring and reorganizing. Final job description will be prepared as part of this review and renewal initiative.
Reports directly to the Director of Women’s Shelter. Maintenance Worker is responsible for performing general building and property maintenance. Maintain HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning), electrical, plumbing and mechanical systems and equipment. Coordinate the day to day operation of the maintenance department. Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform diversified duties to upkeep and maintaining of the building and grounds of the Women’s Shelter.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment/building and other required maintenance.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and building.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- Involved in all aspects of building maintenance requirements for all new construction, renovations or updates to current systems.
- Coordinate and monitor contractor activities for projects.
- Work with site-wide building maintenance to ensure compliance to any construction, renovation or updates.
- Set priorities for preventative maintenance work orders, maintenance requisitions and scheduled work.
- Maintain adequate supplies and equipment for the maintenance department.
- Requisition work to be completed through Purchasing.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Meet with Fire Department, Hydro, etc. as required.
- To adhere to Health and Safety Standards
- Complete all necessary reports and records related to the department as required.
- Other assigned duties as required.
Qualifications and Technical Competencies:
- Trades designation and/or Certification in Facilities Tech
- Ability to read blueprints and schematic drawings and diagrams
- Ability to use Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- Operate equipment and tools common to the trades such as welding equipment, power tools, etc.
- Valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s license.
- Ability to exercise and make high quality maintenance related decisions.
- Ability to work independently or cooperatively with others
- Ability to organize and complete multiple and diverse work assignments, even in stressful situations
- Demonstrated physical ability to do hard work, work at heights, in high temperature areas and in enclosed spaces.
- Must possess a dependable, consistent and reliable work record including attendance at work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Adaptable, flexible and demonstrates initiative in problem solving
- Must provide a criminal record check
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Kim Linklater, Executive Director of Human Resources
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-2107
Fax: (204) 484-2588