Employer: NCN Development Corp. Board of Directors
Position: Assistant Store Manager – Family Foods Ltd.
Deadline: May 11, 2022
Start Date: To be announced
Wage Range: To be determined
Ref #: NCN-27-04-2022-01
Position Summary/Job Description:
Under the direction of the NCN Development Corporation Board of Directors and General Manager, the Family Foods Ltd will be coordinating all operations of the Grocery and retail store in support of short and long term goals of the company. This includes achieving desired revenue objectives, as well as providing the highest level of customer service. Strong managerial and training skills and a proven ability to motivate a team of salespeople are critical elements for success in this role. The Assistant Store Manager is crucial in upholding the company’s image and mission statement. This position will be responsible for the training in all daily operations and profitability of the establishment according to set goals and business objectives. Daily operations will include staff management, scheduling and supervision, customer satisfaction, neat product presentation, inventory management and carrying out season changes and promotional activities. Other responsibilities will include safety and sanitation within the establishment, as well as overall business profitability.
Assistant Manager will shadow the Manager and to be groomed on : Customer satisfaction, communication, energy and stress management; teamwork; quality orientation; time management; adaptability/flexibility; creative and innovative thinking; decision making & judgment; planning and organizing; problem solving; result focus; accountability & Dependability; ethics and integrity; mediating and negotiating; providing consultation; leadership, coaching and mentoring; staff management; enforcing laws, rules and regulations; mathematical reasoning.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Embody and promote the company’s philosophy, emphasizing the importance of a positive customer experience.
- Promote and enforce high quality of service by all store employees through leadership by example.
- Ensure that all goods and products are adequately stocked through rigorous inventory management.
- Collaborate with the District or Employer/Stakeholders to establish revenue, expense, and profit goals for the outlet.
- Ensure the achievement of these goals by effective planning of staff, inventory and store maintenance.
- Assist marketing department in developing advertising and/or promotional plans to maximize grocery/retail sales.
- Implement sales promotions, clearances, discount plans, displays and other customer attractions.
- Develop and monitor an annual and quarterly capital expense budget to ensure efficient store operations.
- Create or monitor the company’s loss prevention program to minimize instances of theft or loss of inventory.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of proper apprehension and prosecution procedures, as defined by local laws.
- Advertise, recruit, train, and manage a team of sales employees; conduct performance reviews and terminations as necessary.
- Formulate and administer work schedules to ensure that the appropriate staffing levels are continually met.
- Write and deliver revenue budget and progress reports to the Employer and its stakeholders.
- Provide feedback to suppliers, buyers, and warehouses regarding customer opinions, buying trends, and other pertinent information.
- Minimum of high school equivalent, with university degree or college diploma preferred;
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a retail and grocery store manager;
- Proven ability to inspire and motivate a team to reach its maximum sales goals;
- Strong knowledge of budget, accounting, and fiscal management.
- Extremely personable and adept at dealing with the public, with exceptional customer service orientation;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Able to consistently represent the company in a professional manner;
- Thorough knowledge of P.O.S. Software systems and data entry;
Please provide a Cover Letter, Resume and Current Criminal Records Check to:
Kim Linklater – Human Resource Specialist @ NCN HRDA
Phone: 484-2604 ext. 205
“Only those selected for the interview will be contacted.”
*Note – All other inquiries related to this posting can be forwarded to David Kobliski, Manager, DEV.Corp. at (204) 679-5061