Employer: NCN Lands, Environment and Resources (L.E.R.) Department
Position: COUNTRY FOODS COORDINATOR – FULL TIME
Deadline: Friday, July 2, 2021
Start Date: ASAP
Wage Range: Negotiable
Ref #: NCN-2021-06-18-01
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Lands, Environment and Resources (LER), the Country Foods Program Coordinator is responsible for assisting in all aspects of the planning, organization and coordination of activities related to the Country Foods Program. The Country Foods Program Coordinator will also be responsible for the general supervision and field support for personnel in the Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation Country Foods Program.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, organize, lead and monitor to ensure that the Country Foods Program is functioning in a proactive manner.
- Administer the program in accordance with NCN Policy.
- Submit CAP/CIP funding proposal annually to Nisichawayasihk Trust and Taskinigahp Trust.
- Submit quarterly and year end reports
- Establish and maintain effective communication with LER management Team.
- Prepare an annual inventory report of equipment to NCN LER Department.
- Provide support services, resources and assistance to NCN Citizens/Organizations when requested.
- Keep an adequate filing system.
- Maintain financial records relating to the Country Foods Program.
- Provide traditional teachings to Youth in regards to fishing, wild food preparation and liaise with other NCN Organizations.
- Promote domestic fishing and hunting activities in the NCN Resource Management area and follow applicable laws/regulations.
- Research external funding sources.
- Maintain a good stock of traditional foods and medicines.
- Coordinate and supervise workforce activities.
- Maintain a good safety and healthy workplace.
- Develop and implement safe work procedures as it relates to the program.
- Document all near misses/incidents or accidents involved in the workplace.
- Conduct and document employee performance evaluations.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director of LER.
- Minimum grade 12 education with some previous managerial experience is preferred.
- Must possess a valid MB class 5 driver’s license.
- Basic First Aid and CPR required.
- Understand and communicate fluently in the NCN Nehetho language and knowledge of traditional foods and gatherings.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with basic computer and other Microsoft office software.
- Demonstrated oral and written communications skills.
- Travel – On occasion, some travel may be required in accordance with the NCN Financial Policy and Procedures.
The Country Foods Coordinator reports directly to Gord Dumas, Executive Director of LER.
Please provide a Current Criminal Records Check, Cover Letter, Resume and References to:
Kim Linklater @ the NCN Trust Office
Ph: 204-484-2604 ext. 2245
*Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.