Department: NCN GOVERNMENT
Position: Highway/Road Packer Equipment Operator (X3)
Deadline: June 12, 2020 (noon)
Start Date: Monday, June 15, 2020
Salary Range: TBD
Ref #: NCN 2020-06.11-002
Under the supervision of the Job Foreman/Director, the Highway/Road Packer Equipment Operators will be responsible for road works in and near the community. These individuals will be required to operate/drive heavy rolling machine to compact earth fills, subgrades, flexible base, and surfaces to grade specifications preparatory to construction of highways, streets, and roadways. They will be required to take direction and must be responsible, able to work in rough environments to be successful in this position.
Individuals are responsible for their transportation, meals and safety equipment
- Must be able to operate a variety of packing equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Must be familiar with aspects of road construction and compaction of soil and granular material.
- Willing to help ground personnel when required.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for equipment checks and informing mechanics and supervisors of mechanical problems with the equipment
- Be able to identify hazards on site
- Must be willing and able to learn general construction practices involving road construction
- Have an understanding of the issues involving ground disturbance and ability to work in and implement safe work practices and contribute to a safe work environment
- Willing to learn and take direction
- Must be able to communicate well with co-workers
- Must have a valid driver’s license (class 5)
- Must be able to work under pressure in some situations
- Must be physically able to perform all physical action pertinent to the equipment they operate
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies
- Work overtime as required
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Kim Linklater, Executive Director of Human Resources
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-2107
Fax: (204) 484-2588