Department: NCN GOVERNMENT
Position: Highway Flag Workers (X4)
Deadline: June 12, 2020 (noon)
Start Date: Monday, June 15, 2020
Salary Range: TBD
Ref #: NCN 2020-06.11-001
Under the supervision of the Job Foreman/Director, the Highway Flag Workers will be responsible for guiding road works in and near the community. These individuals will be required to perform flag, labour and basic construction duties. They will be required to take direction and must be responsible, able to work in rough environments to be successful in this position.
Training is available.
Individuals are responsible for their transportation, meals and safety equipment
- Direct and control traffic safety in and through the work zone.
- Direct site equipment when working in close proximity of traffic and other hazards and obstructions.
- Communicating and interacting with the public in a courteous and professional manner.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Protect workers by keeping work space free of traffic and warning them of approaching hazards.
- Assist trucks in accessing and exiting work sites and directing them.
- Assist with set up and maintenance of project signage and barricades including daily barricade reports.
- Ability to work extended hours and irregular days with irregular breaks.
- Ability to work outdoors in all elements.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies.
- Work overtime as required.
- Ability to stand for long hours.
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Kim Linklater, Executive Director of Human Resources
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-2107
Fax: (204) 484-2588