EMPLOYER: Nisichawayasi Nehetho Culture and Education Authority (NNCEA) Inc., Nelson House, Manitoba
POSITION: High School Principal for the New High School, Grades 7-12
DEADLINE: June 11th, 2021
INTERVIEWS: June 14-23rd, 2021
START DATE: Orientation may commence by mid-August 2021 or sooner
NNCEA is seeking a dynamic Administrator for the above position! NNCEA is celebrating 40 years of First Nations Control of its school system this year and you can be a part of it. The successful candidate will be on the Sr. Administration Team and would be responsible for the new high school for grades 7-12 with its students/staff. The new high school is scheduled to open in late August 2021. The NNOC will Principal will be accountable to the NNCEA Assistant Director and Director of Education. NNCEA offers a competitive salary & benefits package with a flex day calendar. Housing is available at a prime rate. If you feel you are suited for this job, please apply. We would be glad to interview you!
- to oversee the Nisichawayasihk Neyo Ohtinwak (NNOC) high school operations in its entirety
- a degree in education and/or educational administration with successful teaching, administrative experience
- ability to work with minimal direction with excellent organizational, management & technological skills
- skills in overseeing students/personnel, budgets, meeting deadlines, report writing, proposal writing, etc.
- a team player with knowledge of the history of First Nations/FNCFNE/MB curriculum/Nihitho language and culture, land-based education, trauma-informed schools, DADAVAN, Desire 2 Learn platform, the ability to speak Cree, and possession of a valid driver’s license with own vehicle, etc.
Please send a cover letter, an updated resume and names of three references to:
NNCEA HR Unit @ AMEC @ Nelson House, Manitoba
NB: Employment is dependent on submission of a clear Child Abuse Registry Check AND a clear Criminal Record Check or Vulnerable Sector Screening Check
ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED
Tentative start date for new staff who have to orientate or isolate is August 16th, 2021 OR by September 1st, 2021 for those who do not have to isolate