EMPLOYER: Nisichawayasi Nehetho Culture and Education Authority Inc. (NNCEA), Nelson House, Manitoba
POSTED: May 31st, 2021
CLOSING DATE: June 11, 2021, 12 noon
INTERVIEWS: JUNE 18-23RD, 2021
START DATE: August 16th, 2021 (If Candidate has to Isolate Otherwise September 1ST, 2021)
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITY: A grade 5 teacher is needed at OK School for the 2021-22 school year. Successful candidate will be required to teach the required MB curriculum with the general/specific learning outcomes. An Education Assistant will be assigned.
- A Manitoba Teacher’s Certificate or eligibility for teacher certification in Manitoba
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in education with successful, applicable experiences
- Well-versed in the MB curriculum, planning & preparation, classroom management, various methodologies
- Experience teaching in an elementary school setting a must
- Other areas of certification and specialization are assets
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE SHOULD POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
- The ability to teach with minimal direction in a fast-paced, unique school environment as a team player who works well with others.
- Professionally updated and aware/usage of current educational trends: planning and preparing, trauma informed schooling, record keeping, cume files, attendance registers, classroom management plans, PLC’s, UDL, differentiation of instruction, assessment for/as/of learning,
- Dadavan, inclusive classrooms, remote learning, etc.
- Knowledge of Nehetho/Cree language & culture/FN school systems in Manitoba are definite assets
- Able to take direction, model a positive work ethic, promotion of parental involvement, flexibility, and maintain confidentiality
If interested, please send a cover letter, an updated resume and three references to:
NNCEA @ AMEC, Nelson House, Manitoba
ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED
Tentative start date for new staff who have to isolate is August 16th, 2021 OR by September 1st, 2021 for those who do not need to isolate.
NB: Employment depends on submitting a clear Child Abuse Registry Check AND a clear Criminal Record Check OR Vulnerable Sector Check