Department: PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
Position: General 1/2 ton truck drivers X 2 Positions
Deadline: November 22, 2022
Start Date: ASAP
Salary Range: $16.00/hour
Ref #: NCN 2022-11-22-001
Under the direction of the Public Works Director, the Drivers and helper will be responsible for assisting with collecting trash or yard waste, cutting and delivering fire wood to elders, assisting with water and sewer repairs and doing any other tasks assigned by the public works director.
RESPONSIBLITIES AND DUTIES
- Follow directions as laid out by the public works director or your immediate supervisor.
- Must be physical fit to lift up to 50 pounds or more
- Experience with mechanical work and vehicle maintenance is an asset.
- Fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of this job requires an understanding of safe working practices and the ability to drive large vehicles through narrow areas, so attention to detail is essential.
- Acquire Criminal Record Check
- 10th Grade Education or equivalent
- Valid Class 4 or Class 5 driver’s license required & must provide a clean drivers abstract
- CPR/First Aid and WHMIS certification would be asset (or willing to obtain)
- On-call duties
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Nora Thomas, Human Resource Administrator
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-1178
Fax: (204) 484-2588