The Foster care worker reports to the NCN CFS Supervisor and combines both case management responsibilities for agency licensed Foster homes and coordination of Foster Care Placements. The incumbent will develop a strong working relationship with collateral placement resources, both internally and externally. In addition the successful applicant will assist in developing additional needed resources.
Demonstrated Skills & Abilities:
- Must be knowledgeable in the Child & Family Services Act and Foster care standards.
- Recruit, train, license and support foster families.
- Provide educational needs to foster homes by way of workshops, seminars and various resources.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, often with competing deadlines
- Must be able to handle difficult and sensitive situations, using sound, independent judgment within specific guidelines and regulations
- Ability to develop a rapport with collateral groups to convey information & communicating client needs effectively to supervisor, foster parents & co-workers
- Maintain an up to date record of licensing and renewals of foster home and Place of Safety’s.
- Assist in securing placements
- Follows and adheres to CFS standards and regulation with respect to foster care
- Recruit, assess, and licenses all foster homes and places of safety.
- Follows and adheres to CFSIS standards and regulations.
- Bachelor of Social Work or related field and 3 years’ experience in a child welfare field with two years’ experience in Foster Care and Adoption.
- Must have a high level of integrity and professional initiative
- Knowledgeable in CFS and CFSIS Standards
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, verbal and oral.
- Ability to speak an Aboriginal language would be an asset
- Valid Manitoba Driver’s license
- A criminal record check & child abuse registry check is a requirement for all employees.
Closing date: October 6, 2022 4:00 p.m.
Submit all Applications to:
Anna Nadine Spence
Director of Human Resources
Family & Community Wellness Centre Inc.
Nelson House, MB R0B 1A0