Department: NCN Government Office
Position: One (1) Finance Clerk
Deadline: Wednesday, February 1, 2023
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary Range: Negotiable
Ref #: NCN 2023-01-18-002
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Senior Financial Officer (SFO) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Finance Clerk shall assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements by preparing and summarizing all monthly transactions for each department and inputting those transactions into a computerized accounting system.
- Maintain records of employee attendance, leave and overtime to calculate pay and benefit entitlements using manual or computerized systems.
- Prepare and verify statements or earning for employees, indicating gross and net salaries and deductions such as taxes, garnishes, insurances and pension plans.
- Prepare employee payments and benefit payments by cheque or electronic transfer.
- Complete, verify and process forms and documentation for savings, employment and medical insurance.
- Provide information to employees on payroll matters and benefit plans.
- Prepare and balance period end reports
- Input all invoices into A/P system daily including printing and posting.
- Record all A/R transactions on a daily basis including printing and posting.
- Verify whether the invoices are duly authorized expenses of the Trust.
- Issue purchase orders as required for staff travel, office supplies, equipment, etc.
- Match purchase orders to invoices to ensure prices and quantities ordered.
- Print necessary month end reports.
- Bind reports in report binders for presentation
- Issue duly authorized cheques.
- All other duties assigned by the CFO & CEO.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working with Sage 300(ACCPAC) and proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc).
- Good Knowledge on accounting and customer service.
- Good ability of communication and team work skills.
- An open personality and the ability to grasp new information quickly.
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Human Resource Administrator
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-1178
Fax: (204) 484-2588