Employer: Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation – Finance Department
Position: FINANCE CENTRAL REGISTRY CLERK
Deadline: Friday, July 22, 2022
Start Date: ASAP
Wage Range: Negotiable
Ref #: NCN 2022-07-22-001
Under the supervision of the Chief Finance Officer, the Finance Central Registry Clerk is responsible assisting in the amalgamated Finance Department. The Finance Central Registry Clerk is the first contact with the Finance Department, which collects and forwards all financial inquiries and/or requests to appropriate team member of Finance.
- Answers all general inquiries relating to finance roles and processes.
- Directs all calls and inquiries to appropriate Finance Team member.
- Review cheque requisitions and travel claim for coding and authorization prior to forwarding for processing
- Process purchase order request upon completion of appropriate requisition
- Disbursement of checks, purchase orders and any other correspondence related to Finance
- Filing of all payment backup in the appropriate places
- Assist in maintaining accurate and thorough vendor records
- Filing all corresponding information in appropriate finance files.
- Maintains a tracking system for all incoming/outgoing finance correspondence
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent.
- Two years experience in Business or equivalent
- Must be capable of passing a background/police record check
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail required.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong morals and ethics, sound judgement and reasoning skills, along with a commitment to discretion and staff privacy.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Kim Linklater, Executive Director of Human Resources
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-2107
Fax: (204) 484-2588