Closing Date: September 23, 2020 at 4:30 pm
Employment opportunity – Full Time Permanent
Under the direction and supervision of the Jordan’s Principle Case Manager and Speech Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists, the Rehabilitation Assistant will be responsible for the delivery of rehabilitation support compatible with the objectives, policies and procedures of Jordan’s Principle Child First Initiative.
The Rehabilitation Assistant will actively participate in the implementation of Care Plans and therapeutic guidelines in order to enable clients to achieve maximum ability, independence, health and self-esteem.
- Provide a high standard of personal care to clients in a respectful and culturally sensitive manner
- Work with therapists to ensure rehabilitation goals and objectives are implemented and reinforced
- Participate fully in the client’s care plan
- Work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Reliable and Responsible
- Supervision skills an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of the Cree customs and language will be an asset
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Must have a valid Manitoba driver’s licence and reliable vehicle
- Subject to Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry check.
Transportation available Monday to Friday from Thompson if required.
Submit all applications to:
Anna Nadine Spence
Interim Director of Human Resources
Phone: 204-484-2341 ext. 125