Closing date: September 25, 2020 4:30 p.m.
Salary: $ 58,254.00- $67,087.00 Annually.
The Foster Care Worker empowers and strengthens families to provide safe, nurturing care to families, protects children from abuse and neglect, ensures culturally appropriate placements/care for children who cannot return to their families. The Successful incumbent must be able to assess individual and community needs. The incumbent provides supports, services and advocacy to foster parents. Provides training opportunities, recruitment and maintains management and licensing of foster homes and ensures all records are kept current.
Demonstrated Skills & Abilities:
- Protects Children from abuse and neglect
- Provides supports and services to maintain the family unit
- Provides alternative culturally appropriate placements for children who cannot return to their immediate families
- Recognizes and addresses community needs
- Provides appropriate referrals to meet the needs of children and families
- Strong work ethic and time management skills
- The incumbent must be able to work independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Bachelor of Social Work Degree and or a related field, or one to three years of previous work-related field with an equivalent combination of education training and experience or a similar environment required.
- Ability to work under stressful/difficult situations and maintain respect and dignity towards the family
- Knowledge of community-based programming and First Nations culture, traditions and values are considered as an asset.
- Potential candidates must have a valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s License and meet a satisfactory criminal record and child abuse registry check.
Submit all Applications to:
Anna Nadine Spence
Interim Director of Human Resources
Family & Community Wellness Centre Inc.
Nelson House, MB R0B 1A0
* Transportation available from Thompson Daily