FAMILY AND COMMUNITY WELLNESS CENTRE INC.
Invites applications for the following:
Medical Transportation Travel Clerk – One (1) Interim Position, Nelson House
Closing date: September 16, 2020
Salary: $ 15.83 hourly
Under the immediate supervision of the Medical Transportation Coordinator, The Travel Clerk maintains patient files and statistics, responds to requests for medical records and performs bookkeeping duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains patient files and retrieves files for scheduled appointments, files, files all patient data upon receipt of information; initiates records for new patients and creates computer index, prepares file labels, maintains filing statistics, audits filing sequence.
- Responds to request for medical records; processes letters and reports, answers and directs telephone calls;
- Retrieves patient’s schedules from the computer system, distribute lab reports to physicians and materials to other departments, requests information from various departments; responds to correspondence reports.
- May photocopy records and documents for billing and legal services, sends and receives information.
- Keeps supervisor informed of problems or issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Abilities:
- Knowledge of modern office equipment.
- Interpersonal/human relations skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to maintain records and files.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Grade 12 or equivalency is a considerable asset.
- Current Criminal Records Check & Child Abuse Registry Check.
All resumes should include a cover letter indicating your expression of interest.
Submit all Applications to:
Anna Nadine Spence
Interim Director of Human Resources
Family & Community Wellness Centre
Nelson House, MB R0B 1A0