FAMILY AND COMMUNITY WELLNESS CENTRE INC.
Invites applications for the following:
Medical Transportation Driver
Closing date: September 16, 2020
Salary: $15.22 hourly
Under the supervision of the Medical Transportation Coordinator, the Driver is responsible for the safe and timely transport of clients from home to various approved medical facilities in Thompson and the Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation.
- Operate a 10 – 15 passenger van safely and in compliance with traffic regulations;
- Assist clients in boarding and disembarking safely;
- Ensure seat belt use and sufficient child safety seats as needed in accordance with Federal, Provincial and Municipal Safety Regulations and Guidelines;
- Assist clients with loading and unloading of baggage, and safely stow/retrieve baggage in areas provided.
- Obtain routine assignment, eg. Current Daily Trip sheet and Record of Mileage;
- Maintain ongoing communication with Nursing Station and Medical Transportation Coordinator with the supplied two-way radio and cell phones;
- Maintain cleanliness of the interior and exterior of the vehicle at all times;
- Courteous, responsible and maintain a clean appearance at all times;
- Conduct spot checks on all vehicles;
- Report any malfunction of equipment and vehicles, making arrangements to have them repaired at designated service stations;
- Arrange for the return of borrowed equipment such as stretchers, wheelchairs, etc.;
- Report emergencies and imminent situations to the dispatcher, requesting police or ambulance services as needed.
- Pick up and deliver prescriptions as required.
- ***Transportation may be local or long distance.
- Sanitization for infection control
- Daily safety and cleanliness inspection
- The successful applicant must hold a valid Class 4 driver’s license.
- Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry is a requirement with all applications.
- Candidates must be able to work rotating shifts on a 24/7 shift schedule;
- A high degree of attention is required to prevent injuries to others and damages to vehicles when operating;
- Knowledge of medical facilities in Thompson and friendly customer service orientated is essential;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a team player;
- The ability to communicate in Cree is considered an asset.
All resumes should include a cover letter indicating your expression of interest.
Submit all Applications to:
Anna Nadine Spence
Interim Director of Human Resources
Family & Community Wellness Centre
Nelson House, MB R0B 1A0