EMPLOYER: Nisichawayasi Nehetho Culture And Education Authority (NNCEA) Inc., Nelson House, Manitoba
POSITION: Elementary School Principal, Nursery to Grade 6
CLOSING DATE: until filled
START DATE: Mid August 2022
An elementary School Principal is required for the overall management of the elementary school on a full time basis for the 2022-23 school year. OK elementary is a Nursery –gr. 6 school with about 400 students. Principal will be accountable to the NNCEA Assistant Director of Education/Director of Education.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in education with successful, applicable teaching/admin experiences
- A Manitoba Teacher’s Certificate or eligibility for teacher certification in Manitoba and certification in education administration
- Knowledge of Nehetho/Cree language & culture/FN school systems in Manitoba are definite assets
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE SHOULD POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
- Must be willing to commit to one full year
- The ability to teach/manage a school with minimal direction in a fast-paced, unique school environment.
- Professionally updated and aware/usage of current educational trends: planning and preparing, FNCFNE, trauma informed schooling, record keeping, cume files, attendance registers, classroom management plans, PLC’s, UDL, differentiation of instruction, assessment for/as/of learning, Dadavan, inclusive classrooms, remote learning, etc.
- Able to take direction, model a positive work ethic, promote parental involvement and maintain confidentiality
Please send a cover letter, an updated resume and names of three references to:
NNCEA HR Unit @ AMEC, Nelson House, Manitoba
ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED
Employment is dependent on submission of a clear Child Abuse Registry Check AND a clear Criminal Record Check or Vulnerable Sector Screening Check
All NNCEA employees must be double vaccinated. Covid -19 guidelines still in effect.