EMPLOYER: Nisichawayasi Nehetho Culture And Education Authority (NNCEA) Inc., Nelson House, Manitoba
POSITION: Elementary School Principal, Nursery to Grade 6
DEADLINE: until filled
START DATE: August 23, 2021 (if candidate is vaccinated)
An elementary Principal is required for the elementary school on a full time basis for the 2021-22 school year. OK elementary is a Nursery –gr. 6 school with approximately 400 students.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in education with successful, applicable teaching/admin experiences
- A Manitoba Teacher’s Certificate or eligibility for teacher certification in Manitoba and certification in education administration
- Knowledge of Nehetho/Cree language & culture/FN school systems in Manitoba are definite assets
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE SHOULD POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
- Must be willing to commit to one full year
- The ability to teach/manage a school with minimal direction in a fast-paced, unique school environment.
- Professionally updated and aware/usage of current educational trends: planning and preparing, trauma informed schooling, record keeping, cume files, attendance registers, classroom management plans, PLC’s, UDL, differentiation of instruction, assessment for/as/of learning, Dadavan, inclusive classrooms, remote learning, etc.
- Able to take direction, model a positive work ethic, promote parental involvement and maintain confidentiality
Please send a cover letter, an updated resume and names of three references to:
NNCEA HR Unit @ AMEC, Nelson House, Manitoba
ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED
Employment is dependent on submission of a clear Child Abuse Registry Check AND a clear Criminal Record Check or Vulnerable Sector Screening Check
Tentative start date for new staff depends on whether or not person is vaccinated.