COVID-19 BULLETIN #81
COMPLETE STRICT COMMUNITY LOCKDOWN EFFECTIVE FRIDAY JANUARY 14TH
Our numbers continue to climb – 9 new cases again today, 26 recovered, 1 person in hospital, 83 active cases for a total of 109 active cases since December 23rd. There are 65 homes in isolation and 18 more people in isolation units. MORE DRASTIC MEASURES ARE NEEDED SO MORE PEOPLE DO NOT END UP SICK, IN HOSPITAL OR DEAD.
In accordance with paragraph 40 of OIC-313-2021-12 a FULL AND COMPLETE LOCKDOWN will go into effect FRIDAY, JANUARY 14TH AT 6:00 PM and will remain in effect until FRIDAY, JANUARY 21TH AT 6:00 PM. The only exceptions will be made for people to go check their camps for one day only – either Saturday, January 15th or Sunday, January 16th. Contact Bonnie Linklater at [email protected] to apply to go to camp or if your camp is on the highway a form can be signed at the checkstop.
Once the Complete Lockdown goes into effect:
- Everyone must STAY AT HOME in their own houses/yards – NO VISITING ANYONE;
- Three Rivers Store will be closed to the public;
- OT Gas will only be open from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm for approved campers and Essential Workers;
- COVID Lockdown Support Packages of Food and Supplies will be delivered to each house on Saturday and Sunday;
- The Cube Van will continue making daily deliveries from Thompson – Supplies can be ordered from Thompson and the following people will shop for you: Annette Swanson 204-679-2960; Kelly Spence at 431-754-2181; Deidre Primrose 204-679-0732; Trevor Linklater 204-307-2160 or Joyce Yetman at 204-679-0506 (Homes in Isolation can call Deidre or Trevor to obtain supplies);
- The following people can be contacted to shop for you at Three Rivers Store: Wilma McDonald 204-307-0158; Myrna Spence 204-307-0706; Elvis Francois 204-679-3311; Chris Dumas 204-670-5081, Graeme Linklater (driver) 204-679-6205 – Leave cash or cheques outside in a zip lock bag and any change will be left for you in a zip lock bag with the supplies that have been ordered;
- Only essential employees at the Nursing Station, Wellness Centre, EMS, Meetah (skeletal staff for local emergency work only), Three Rivers Store, NCN Government Office skeletal staff for finance and administrative services are allowed to attend work but will be closed to the public;
- All other NCN buildings, Schools, churches, sweat lodges and home-based businesses will remain closed except for the Multi-Plex which will remain open for walk-in vaccinations Monday to Friday from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm. No-one who has been told to isolate can leave their home to get vaccinated and anyone else who goes to get vaccinated must immediately return home.
- Everyone who is told to Isolate by public health must isolate in the location and for the length of time indicated by public health – this will normally be 10 days after testing positive but may be longer if contacts in the household become positive;
- No travel will be allowed outside of the community except for emergencies verified by the Executive Director Justice and Public Safety in consultation with the NCN Health Director or the Nurse in Charge or their designates – Anyone else who leaves will not be allowed to re-enter until the lockdown is lifted;
- Only essential workers will be allowed to enter and move around the community for work related purposes and they must limit their contacts while doing their work. If an essential worker is identified as a contact in a house that is in isolation, that essential worker will be allowed to go to work to deal with emergencies if they have no symptoms and wear full personal protective equipment (PPE). They must then immediately return home and remain in isolation until told they can leave by public health.
- All other staff will be reassigned as required.
EVERYONE MUST BE RESPONSIBLE AND DO YOUR PART:
- STAY AT HOME
- GET VACCINATED, GET YOUR BOOSTER, GET YOUR KIDS VACCINATED
- DO NOT GO TO THE MULTI-PLEX TO GET VACCINATED IF YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD TO STAY IN ISOLATION
- LISTEN TO PUBLIC HEALTH
- WEAR A GOOD FITTING MEDICAL MASK AND CHANGE IT OFTEN
- WASH YOUR HANDS WITH SOAP AND WATER FREQUENTLY
- SANITIZE SURFACES IN YOUR HOME
- DO NOT SHARE FOOD, DRINKS, CIGARETTES, MAKE-UP
As this is hard on everyone, we are concerned about everyone’s mental health also. If you are feeling stressed or anxious please call the Mental Health Line at 431-354-1270 for assistance. We have organized a number of fun activities for this Strict Lockdown week so please participate in them. It will make it easier for us all if we can have fun – make lemonade out of the lemon we have been given. Information on these fun activities is available on the Family and Community Wellness Centre website and the Parks and Recreation Department’s facebook page.
For those who refuse to follow the rules, they will be fined $500. We have many vulnerable people in our community with pre-existing health conditions (diabetes, heart conditions, high blood pressure). Please do your part to help stop the spread and so that no-one dies or ends up with long term effects from COVID-19.