MIDNIGHT SATURDAY OCTOBER 10 TO MIDNIGHT SUNDAY OCTOBER 18
Earlier this week I reported there was now a positive case in Thompson. As this case is connected to our community a number of people in our community are currently in isolation. Other people are in isolation due to travel or contacts with travellers.
Active Cases Are Climbing
In less than a week, the number of active cases in Manitoba has grown by over 200 people to 863 cases as of today. A significant number of the cases are now in First Nations communities. As a result, NCN’s health team recommended a partial lockdown for one week. Chief and Council has agreed this partial lockdown will go into effect at midnight Saturday.
Partial Lockdown Rules
- Only Essential Workers will be allowed to enter and exit the community.
- Everyone who is currently in the community must remain in the community.
- School will continue during the partial lockdown.
- Hunters and Fishers must obtain a special pass from the Executive Director of Justice and Public Safety before leaving the community and limit their contact to people from our community.
- DURING THIS WEEK NO OTHER PASSES WILL BE ISSUED FOR ANYONE ELSE TO ENTER AND EXIT OUR COMMUNITY.
How We Can Avoid Extending the Lockdown
We all must be very careful or the lockdown will have to be extended. If we have to extend the lockdown, this could mean more restrictions again so let’s all be very careful and follow all public health measures.
The key is to limit contact to your household during Thanksgiving and for the next week.
We still have lots to be thankful for this year even though it has been a difficult year. Most importantly, so far we have managed to keep this virus out of the community.
I wish you all a happy Thanksgiving. STAY HOME AND STAY SAFE!