A big thank you to all our residents and essential workers! Today we have good news to report – the number of active cases is trending downward. There are 37 active cases and 41 homes in isolation. The majority of the active cases reported are from the virus circulating in the homes in isolation.
As of Friday, February 4, 2022 at 9:00 am the provisions in the new OIC will come into effect. These provisions are similar to what was in effect prior to December 23rd when the current outbreak started.
- Fully vaccinated persons and children not yet eligible for vaccination can travel within Manitoba or elsewhere but must provide the FNSOs at the checkstop with proof of a negative test taken within 48 hours of re-entry to the community and will be required to isolate and take additional tests if they develop any cold or flu-like symptoms;
- Unvaccinated/Not fully vaccinated persons must register at the checkstop prior to leaving and provide the FNSOs at the checkstop with proof of a negative test taken within 48 hours of re-entry to the community and will be required to isolate and take additional tests if they develop any cold or flu-like symptoms;
- Persons who travel out of the community and test positive will be required to isolate at home or at an isolation unit as directed by public health;
Facilities and Staff
- All NCN Offices and facilities including ATEC, the Multi-Plex, Arena, Wellness Centre, Fitness Centre and the VLT Centre will reopen in accordance with their approved mitigation plans;
- The Schools will continue with remote learning for the week of February 7 to 11 and will re-open for in-person learning in accordance with their updated approved mitigation plans. While children do not have to be vaccinated to attend school, we encourage all parents to get your children vaccinated as soon as possible.
- All staff will be required to be tested at least twice a week at their workplace;
- Commuters can return to work in accordance with required mitigation plans;
- Three Rivers Store will be open for its regular hours and everyone must wear a mask and abide by the 50% capacity limits in place – PHYSICAL DISTANCING MUST BE MAINTAINED WHILE AT THE STORE – ABSOLUTELY NO VISITING AS BEFORE THE LOCKDOWN THE VIRUS SPREAD TO PEOPLE WAITING IN LINE;
- OT Gas will be open for its regular hours and everyone must wear a mask and abide by capacity limits in place – PHYSICAL DISTANCING MUST BE MAINTAINED – NO VISITING OR CONGREGATING IN THE PARKING LOT AS BEFORE THE LOCKDOWN THE VIRUS ALSO SPREAD TO PEOPLE THERE;
- Home based businesses can operate in accordance with approved mitigation plans as long as all eligible persons in a household are fully vaccinated;
- The Beer Vendor will be open 7 days a week from 1pm to 8pm but masking and physical distancing must be maintained at all times.
- Wakes, Funerals, Weddings, Regular Church services and ceremonies are limited to 50% capacity,
- Vaccination cards must be shown before entry, masks must be worn at all times and households must be physically distanced from other households;
- Unvaccinated persons will not be authorized to enter any gatherings.
- Households with all eligible persons fully vaccinated may visit other households where all eligible persons are fully vaccinated;
- Households with unvaccinated persons must not visit others in the community;
- Fully vaccinated NCN Citizens and their immediate family members who are not ordinarily resident in the community will be allowed to visit other fully vaccinated persons ordinarily resident in the community if they provide proof of vaccination and a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours of entry and provide their names and contact information in the logbook to be maintained by their hosts.
- NO-ONE WHO IS REQUIRED TO ISOLATE MAY VISIT ANYONE ELSE AND NO-ONE MAY VISIT ANY HOMES IN ISOLATION.
- EVERYONE WHO IS REQUIRED TO ISOLATE MUST REMAIN IN ISOLATION.
Requests to Return to the Community
- Requests to return to the community from persons who previously signed themselves out or who are being released from jail will be considered;
- The curfew will be from 9:00 pm to 7:00 am for those under 18 and 11:00 pm to 7:00 am for those over 18.
Additional Travel/Testing Information
- Anyone leaving the community for more than 48 hours
- MUST provide valid proof of a negative COVID-19 test at the check-stop prior to entry and the test must have been done within 48 hours before re-entry. All tests are at your own expense;
- If there is any concern that a person is trying to produce someone else’s test or a fake test, the person will be denied entry, will be required to take a new test at their own expense and be will fined;
- Anyone who leaves for more than 48 hours and tests positive will be required to isolate as directed by public health;
- KTC has a testing site in Thompson at 80 Nelson Road is open Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm;
- Subject to availability, Rapid Antigen Tests can also be purchased from Three Rivers Store or OT Gas prior to leaving the community for use prior to re-entry.
Follow All Public Health Measures
- GET EVERY PERSON IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD WHO IS 5 AND OLDER FULLY VACCINATED/BOOSTED
- Wear a good fitting mask around anyone who is not from your household;
- Maintain physical distance from those who are not part of your household;
- Limit your contacts at all times;
- Get tested immediately if you have any flu or cold symptoms;
- Do not share drinks, cigarettes, cannabis, makeup or anything else
- IF TOLD TO ISOLATE, STAY IN ISOLATION UNTIL PUBLIC HEALTH RELEASES YOU
- WORKING TOGETHER WE CAN LIMIT THE IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON OUR COMMUNITY. OUR GOAL IS TO END THE STATE OF EMERGENCY ON SUNDAY, MARCH 20th – TWO YEARS AFTER IT BEGAN.
ENDING THE STATE OF EMERGENCY ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT HAPPENS OVER THE NEXT 6 WEEKS – PLEASE CONTINUE TO TAKE PRECAUTIONS SO THAT WE CAN KEEP OUR COMMUNITY SAFE WHILE PUTTING THE PANDEMIC BEHIND US.