This pandemic has been hard on everyone and is not yet over. However, we must look after our people’s mental wellbeing too. That is why a partial lockdown is being implemented.
Active Cases Update
- 78 total active cases as of today
- 65 houses in isolation – 343 contacts – virus continuing to circulate within homes
- 2 persons still in hospital
- 226 positive cases since December 23rd 2021– started with travelers returning to the community from Winnipeg
- So far no-one in our community has passed away from Covid-19 but unfortunately people who get COVID could have long term impacts on their health – we still don’t know the extent of this yet.
- Anyone feeling anxious or depressed is reminded to call the Counselling Services Department at 431-354-1270 or the Mental Health Therapist at 204-484-2031.
- ALL OF US HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO EACH OTHER AND TO THE COMMUNITY TO BE CAREFUL AT ALL TIMES. ASSUME EVERYONE YOU ARE IN CONTACT WITH MIGHT HAVE COVID EVEN IF THEY HAVE NO SYMPTOMS.
OIC-313-2021-12 Remains in Effect
As of Friday, January 28, 2022 at 9:00 am the provisions in the OIC will continue in effect except for the following:
- Non-essential travel is not recommended;
- All persons (vaccinated and unvaccinated) who leave the community for more than 24 hours must provide a First Nation Safety Officer (FNSO) at the check-stop with proof of a negative COVID test taken within 24 hours of entry to the community and be retested within 3 or 4 days of re-entry;
- Persons who provide a positive test result will be required to isolate in the location and for the length of time directed by public health;
- Curfew will remain in place from 9:00 pm to 7:00 am;
- Families are encouraged to go out in own households for recreation (tobogganing, ice fishing on the river, visits to camps, walking and enjoying the fresh air outside).
These changes are being made on a trial basis to balance everyone’s health and safety including mental health while trying to limit the spread of the virus. We will continue to work with public health and the rest of our team to keep the community as safe as possible but everyone has a responsibility not to endanger the lives of others. PLEASE DO YOUR PART.
Follow All Public Health Measures
- GET EVERY PERSON IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD WHO IS 5 AND OLDER FULLY VACCINATED/BOOSTED (CLINICS WILL BE HELD AT THE MULTI-PLEX FROM TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 1st TO THURSDAY FEBRUARY 3rd FROM 10:00 am to 4:00 pm daily
- Wear a good fitting mask around anyone who is not from your household;
- Maintain physical distance from those who are not part of your household;
- Limit your contacts at all times;
- Get tested immediately if you have any flu or cold symptoms;
- Do not share drinks, cigarettes, cannabis, makeup or anything else
- IF TOLD TO ISOLATE, STAY IN ISOLATION UNTIL PUBLIC HEALTH RELEASES YOU
WORKING TOGETHER WE CAN LIMIT THE IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON OUR COMMUNITY.