January 21, 2022
COVID-19 BULLETIN #84
CONTINUATION LOCKDOWN RESTRICTIONS
SUNDAY JANUARY 23 TO FRIDAY JANUARY 28
A FULL LOCKDOWN is effect from SUNDAY, JANUARY 23rd AT 9:00 PM. It will remain in effect until FRIDAY, JANUARY 28TH AT 6:00 PM to give our public health team time to assess the impact of the weekend shopping and to catch up with contact tracing.
- Everyone must only have contact with the people in their own households – NO VISITING ANYONE ESPECIALLY THE HOMES IN ISOLATION;
- Three Rivers Store will remain closed to the public;
- OT Gas will only be open from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm for Essential Workers only;
- The Cube Van will continue making daily deliveries from Thompson – Supplies can be ordered from Thompson and the following people will shop for you: Annette Swanson 204-679-2960; Kelly Spence at 431-754-2181; Deidre Primrose 204-679-0732; Trevor Linklater 204-307-2160 or Joyce Yetman at 204-679-0506 (Homes in Isolation can call Deidre or Trevor to obtain supplies);
- Contact Kim Linklater at 204-307-2107 or Nora Thomas at 204-307-1178 to obtain the list of people who can shop for you at Three Rivers Store – Leave cash or cheques outside in a zip lock bag and any change will be left for you in a zip lock bag with the supplies that have been ordered;
- Only essential employees at the Nursing Station, Wellness Centre, EMS, Meetah (skeletal staff for local emergency work only), Three Rivers Store, NCN Government Office skeletal staff for finance and administrative services are allowed to attend work but will be closed to the public;
- All other NCN buildings, Schools, churches, sweat lodges and home-based businesses will remain closed except for the Multi-Plex which will remain open for walk-in vaccinations Monday to Friday from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm. No-one who has been told to isolate can leave their home to get vaccinated and anyone else who goes to get vaccinated must immediately return home.
- Everyone who is told to Isolate by public health must isolate in the location and for the length of time indicated by public health – this will normally be 10 days after testing positive but may be longer if contacts in the household become positive – NO-ONE IS TO LEAVE ISOLATION UNTIL PUBLIC HEALTH CLEARS THEM;
- No travel will be allowed outside of the community except for emergencies verified by the Executive Director Justice and Public Safety in consultation with the NCN Health Director or the Nurse in Charge or their designates – Anyone else who leaves will be fined and/or not be allowed to re-enter until the lockdown is lifted.
- Only essential workers will be allowed to enter and move around the community for work related purposes and they must limit their contacts while doing their work. If an essential worker is identified as a contact in a house that is in isolation, that essential worker will be allowed to go to work to deal with emergencies if they have no symptoms and wear full personal protective equipment (PPE). They must then immediately return home and remain in isolation until told they can leave by public health.
- All other staff will be reassigned as required.
- If you have symptoms STAY HOME, isolate away from your family members if possible and contact the Nursing Station to arrange to be tested.
- If you are felling stressed or anxious please call the Counselling Services Department at 431-354-1270 or the Mental Health Therapist at 204-484-2031.
Our children remain at risk because they are unvaccinated. Those under 5 are still not eligible for the vaccine and only 16.6% of children ages 5 to 11 are vaccinated. Initially our vaccination rates among those who were eligible were very high. But only 47% have received their booster shots which increases protection against COVID-19. Since too many people remain unvaccinated it is very critical that we increase our vaccination uptake quickly. We will continue to require restrictions to protect the health and safety of our community as long as our vaccination rates remain low.
PLEASE FOLLOW THE PUBLIC HEALTH MEASURES:
- LIMIT YOUR CONTACTS TO YOUR HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS
- GET VACCINATED, GET YOUR BOOSTER, GET YOUR KIDS VACCINATED
- DO NOT GO TO THE MULTI-PLEX TO GET VACCINATED IF YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD TO STAY IN ISOLATION
- LISTEN TO PUBLIC HEALTH
- WEAR A GOOD FITTING MEDICAL MASK AND CHANGE IT OFTEN
- WASH YOUR HANDS WITH SOAP AND WATER FREQUENTLY
- SANITIZE SURFACES IN YOUR HOME
- DO NOT SHARE FOOD, DRINKS, CIGARETTES, MAKE-UP
The quickest way for us to get rid of these restrictions is to get vaccinated and to limit our contacts with others.
Please do your part to help stop the spread. We all have a responsibility to make sure no-one dies or ends up with long term effects from COVID-19.