December 30, 2021
COVID-19 BULLETIN #77
ACTIVE CASES INCREASING – NEW PROVISIONS GO INTO EFFECT DECEMBER 31ST 6:00 PM
Update on Active Cases
There are now 8 more confirmed cases in the community for a total of 13 cases. There are 22 households in isolation so far. All are directly linked to travel outside the community and people failing to get tested as soon as they return.
The Omicron variant is spreading rapidly throughout Manitoba and Canada. Being doubly vaccinated is not enough with this variant. CONTACTS MUST BE REDUCED TO AVOID FURTHER SPREAD.
Temporary Additional Restrictions Are Needed
Contact tracing has become very difficult for our health team who have been working tirelessly since the first outbreak on December 23rd. Please be respectful of our great Health Team. They will resume collecting swabs in the morning so please be ready for them. Anyone who is not vaccinated or who has not had their 3rd dose please get these done as soon as possible.
There are too many people who are supposed to be in isolation still moving around the community.
EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE CAREFUL AND RESPONSIBLE TO AVOID A COMPLETE LOCKDOWN. PLEASE STOCK UP ON GROCERIES AND SUPPLIES IN CASE WE HAVE TO GO INTO A LOCKDOWN. THE CUBE TRUCK WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR DELIVERIES FROM THOMPSON.
Changes Effective December 31, 2021 at 6:00 pm
- Everyone must stay in your own household for New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day – absolutely no visiting between households – no sleepovers or extended family gatherings are allowed but people living in the household can go outside as long as they stay in their own yards only;
- The curfew will be changed to 9:00 pm to 7:00 am – anyone going to Thompson for groceries must be back at the check stop before 8:00 pm and visiting anyone in Thompson is STRONGLY DISCOURAGED;
- Persons who do not live in the community will not be allowed to enter at this time given the rapid spread of omicron throughout the province with the exception of students who are ordinarily resident in the community;
- Travel to southern Manitoba is NOT RECOMMENDED at this time given the current high transmission;
- Everyone returning to the community from southern Manitoba MUST isolate and be tested – call 431-354-0075 to make arrangements for rapid testing as soon as possible and follow all public health directions;
- All NCN offices will be closed to the general public except for the Nursing Station, Wellness Centre public health and nursing services, and EMS;
- ATEC, the Multi-Plex, the Wellness Centre fitness Centre, the VLT Centre, the Beer Vendor, and home-based businesses are closed until further notice;
- The Arena will be open on December 31, 2021 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm for social assistance to be issued;
- No in-person church services are permitted;
- The gas station will remain open subject to regular public health restrictions.
Additional information will be provided as soon as contact tracing is completed. In the meantime, all other OIC provisions not addressed in this Bulletin remain in effect. It is critical that everyone follow the rules so we can avoid a full lockdown.
We wish everyone a safe, prosperous new year. We will get through this. Take care of yourselves and your families. Stay safe. Ekosani!