May 4, 2021
COVID-19 BULLETIN #63
ACTIVE CASE UPDATE – SCHOOLS TO REMAIN CLOSED
- Additional information came to the attention of our public health team about potential contacts with the current active case.
- They have advised that some additional contact tracing needs to occur.
- To keep our children, youth, staff and the rest of our community as safe as possible, schools will remain closed for the rest of this week and all of next week.
- We will provide an update as soon as we have more information.
- We remind everyone that we are in the third wave of this pandemic with more transmissible variants that cause more severe illness.
- We ALL need to really reduce our contacts with everyone outside our households and follow all public health measures at all times (masks, hand washing, physical distancing, sanitizing and getting vaccinated).
- The Vaccination Clinics are being held at the Multi-Plex all week from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Chief and Council, like all other governments are going to have to consider whether people who are not vaccinated will be able to travel outside the community, work and go to school in the community, visit other people who are vaccinated as well as those who are not.
- These are complicated issues that affect the health and safety of all of us – we need everyone to do their part to help protect our community.