COVID-19 BULLETIN #57
STAY AT HOME ORDER TEMPORARILY LIFTED
Active Case Situation
- 77 people are in isolation
- 32 people are close contacts and will remain in isolation for 14 days regardless of their test results
- 14 homes are currently affected
- 22 people were tested yesterday and the results will be known in the next few days
- More people will be tested between April 11th and 13th
- If you attended the birthday party on March 28th contact public health immediately even if you do not have any symptoms
Get Tested Even with Mild Symptoms
If you attended gatherings over the weekend and you develop even mild cold or flu symptoms or if someone in your house has symptoms, GET TESTED IMMEDIATELY. Any of the following symptoms could mean you have COVID:
- fever / chills
- sore throat / hoarse voice
- shortness of breath
- loss of taste or smell
- vomiting or diarrhea for more than 24 hours
- runny nose
Stay at Home Order Lifted for Now
The STAY AT HOME order will be lifted for all except those 77 people who are in isolation. They must not leave their homes and security will be hired to ensure they do not leave and that no-one visits them. If more tests come back positive then we may need to re-implement a Stay At Home Order.
All other restrictions remain in place until we have the test results back and can assess the situation further. During this period, in addition to the previous restrictions announced on April 4th and extended on April 6th, the following restrictions are in place and will be enforced:
- No gatherings of people who are not from the same household are allowed;
- No visiting is allowed;
- No sleepovers or congregating of children or youth is allowed;
- No poker games are allowed;
- Confectionaries are closed;
- No shopping trips are allowed until further notice but grocery deliveries will be allowed.
EVERYONE must take this pandemic seriously. COVID-19 has no borders. It does not discriminate. Each case is assessed as it arises and the restrictions that must go into effect to keep the community safe are based on the facts related to each case. As the current situation shows, all it takes is one case and our whole community is impacted.
To date 1200 doses of the vaccine have been administered. We still have about 790 doses to administer by next week or we will lose them to another community.
Vaccination clinics at the Family and Community Wellness Centre will be held:
Friday, April 9 – 1:00-4:00 pm
Saturday, April 10 – 1:00-4:00 pm
Sunday, April 11 – 1:00-4:00 pm
IF YOU ARE FED UP WITH LOCKDOWNS AND RESTRICTIONS, THEN GET VACCINATED.
VACCINATION REMAINS OUR BEST CHANCE TO PROTECT OUR COMMUNITY AND GET BACK TO NORMAL.
Public Health Measures
Even after you are vaccinated follow the public health guidelines:
- Wear a good fitting mask around anyone who is not from your household;
- Maintain physical distance from those who are not part of your household;
- Limit your contacts – this means NO visiting;
- Get tested immediately if you have any flu or cold symptoms;
- Do not share drinks, cigarettes, cannabis, makeup or anything else (we also currently have meningitis circulating so this is critical)
DO YOUR PART TO HELP END THIS PANDEMIC.