April 6, 2021
COVID-19 BULLETIN #56
UPDATE – STAY AT HOME ORDER REMAINS IN EFFECT
This is an update about the situation we are facing given the information from the contact tracing conducted over the past two days.
There are 63 people in 20 homes in our community who are now in isolation as a result of the most recent active case. Testing of the first group of people will take place tomorrow. The second group of people will be swabbed early next week. It takes about 3 to 4 days to get the test results. We will not have a clear indication about how wide spread the problem is until later this week after the first test results come back.
Based on the current information, the following restrictions must remain in effect:
- A strict STAY AT HOME order remains in effect until Friday, April 9th and will be updated at that time on the basis of the test results;
- All NCN offices will remain closed to the general public except for the Nursing Station, Wellness Centre public health and nursing services, and EMS;
- ATEC, the Multi-Plex, Arena, the Wellness Centre fitness Centre, the VLT Centre, the Beer Vendor and the schools remain closed until further notice;
- Three Rivers Store will be open at 25% capacity and one person from each household will be allowed to shop for supplies;
- The gas station will remain open subject to regular public health restrictions;
- Funerals are limited to immediate family only – processions will be allowed as long as everyone remains in their vehicles at all times;
- No commuters will be allowed into the community with the exception of members of the public health team;
- No trips into or out of the community will be approved until further notice except for medical appointments or medical emergencies approved by the Nurse in Charge or designate;
- All persons who left the community overnight will be required to isolate at their residence pending review by the public health team;
- All requests from persons who previously signed themselves out of the community and wish to return are suspended until further notice.
Additional information will be provided once the test results are received. In the meantime, it is critical that everyone follow the rules and STAY HOME to give the health team a chance to get a handle on the extent of the issue.
The vaccination clinics at the Family and Community Wellness Centre will proceed by appointment only this week and next. PLEASE MAKE AN APPOINTMENT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
VACCINATION REMAINS OUR BEST CHANCE TO PROTECT OUR COMMUNITY AND GET BACK TO NORMAL.
Public Health Measures
Even after you are vaccinated follow the public health guidelines:
- Wear a good fitting mask around anyone who is not from your household;
- Maintain physical distance from those who are not part of your household;
- Limit your contacts – this means NO visiting;
- Get tested immediately if you have any flu or cold symptoms.
DO YOUR PART TO HELP END THIS PANDEMIC.