SEEKING TWO (2) POSITIONS REQUIRED ASAP
The primary function of the Night Supervisor is to oversee the activities and behaviour of residential clients, and ensure their well being and personal safety.
The Night Supervisor is responsible in the protection of all NHML buildings and property against vandalism, theft, or any other threats or disturbances; and to protect all exterior NHML properties with regard to unauthorized use.
- Punctual, courteous and diligent in their duties.
- Be alert during shift at all times.
- Conducts regular patrols of the inside and outside of NHML properties
- Monitors and responds to installed technical security alarms
- Maintains good working relations with local RCMP and First Nations Safety Officers (FNSO’s)
- Conducts surveillance on all clients and visitors entering the premises and noting any erratic or irrational behaviour
- Be accurate with record keeping of clients, staff, visitors and phone calls
- Dispense client medication as prescribed. Record all medication and amount given in the medical charting sheet. Place your initials on the form, and have client initial as well
- Acts on established procedures related to fire evacuations
- Acts on established procedures related to “bomb scares”
- Must be available for evenings, nights & weekends
- Other duties as assigned from time to time
- Must be an abstainer from any mood-altering drugs and alcohol for a minimum of 4 months
- First Aid and CPR Training certificate or willing to obtain.
- Must possess good communication and written skills.
- Must be professional in their interaction with clients, staff, and public.
- An understanding of Native Culture and language is an asset.
- All applicants must provide a Criminal Record and Vulnerable Persons Checks, and must be eligible to obtain certification in Security Guard Level 3 training
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Security training an asset.
- Knowledgeable of the recovery process an asset.
- Any form of related training and/or experience an asset.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Treatment Director
SALARY: Negotiable pending qualifications (Hourly Rate under review)
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME TO:
Marilyn Linklater, Executive Director
Phone (204) 484-2256 Fax (204) 484-2016