The primary function of the Night Supervisor is to oversee the activities and behaviour of program participants, and ensure their well being and personal safety at all times.
The Night Supervisor is responsible in the protection of all NHML buildings and property against vandalism, theft, or any other threats or disturbances; and to protect all exterior NHML properties with regard to unauthorized use.
- Punctual, courteous and diligent in their duties.
- Be alert during shift at all times.
- Conduct regular patrols of the inside and outside of NHML properties, ensuring all doors and windows are locked and secure
- Monitor and respond to installed technical security alarms
- Maintain good working relations with local RCMP and First Nations Safety Officers (FNSO’s)
- Conduct surveillance on all clients and visitors entering the premises and noting any erratic or irrational behaviour
- Ensure all visitors sign in/out in Visitors Log Book.
- Administer COVID Screening Questionnaires and temperature checks as people enter the building; and on clients in the evenings, and twice daily on weekends and holidays.
- Be accurate with record keeping of clients, staff, visitors and phone calls
- Dispense client medication as prescribed. Record all medication and amount given in the medical charting sheet.
- Act on established procedures related to fire evacuations, bomb scares, etc
- Must be available for evenings, nights & weekends
- Other duties as assigned from time to time
- Must be an abstainer from any mood-altering drugs and alcohol for a minimum of 4 months
- First Aid and CPR Training certificate or willing to obtain.
- Must possess good communication and written skills.
- Must be professional in their interaction with clients, staff, and public.
- An understanding of Indigenous culture and language is an asset.
- All applicants must provide a current Criminal Record and Vulnerable Persons Checks, and must be eligible to obtain certification as a Security Guard
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Security training an asset.
- Knowledgeable of the recovery process an asset.
- Any form of related training and/or experience an asset.
- A basic understanding of, and respect for, Indigenous traditional teachings and practices
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Security Supervisor
SALARY: Negotiable pending qualifications (Hourly Rate under review)
START DATE: August 31, 2021
DEADLINE: Open till filled
Please submit resume, with current Criminal Record & Vulnerable Persons Abuse Check to:
Josephine Moore, Security Supervisor
Ph. 204-484-2256 Fax: 204-484-2016