CAP/CIP Committee – 6 Positions and 1 Elder
Department: Nelson House Trust
Position: CAP/CIP Committee
Deadline: November 15, 2022
Start Date: ASAP
Salary Range: N/A
Ref #: NCN 2022-11-01-001
Position Summary/Job Description:
Nisichawayasihk & Taskinigahp Trustees believe it is the intention of the Nisichawayasihk & Taskinigahp Trust Fund to ensure the continued improvement of community socio-economic conditions and to support community based projects/programs of the Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation. To ensure that decisions involving expenditures of Nisichawayasihk & Taskinigahp Trust Funds reflect community values and concerns, Chief & Council endorses the formation of a CAP-CIP Review Committee.
The commitment and role of a respected Citizen in the CAP/CIP committee is fundamental. The respected Citizen is not directly a part of the decision making process however, is a guide to ensure fairness, equality and is an advisor where there maybe discrepancies.
Terms of Reference:
Chief & Council established a CAP-CIP Review Committee with the following terms of reference;
The CAP-CIP Review Committee is responsible for:
- Reviewing all applications for funding in terms of established criteria;
- Recommending to Chief & Council the proposals which are to be presented for review by members;
- Reviewing financial needs in each category and establishing guidelines for the allocation of funds for each category;
- Recommending to Chief & Council the Nisichawayasihk & Taskinigahp Trust Budget;
- Reviewing project reports and assessing project achievements at the request of the Trust Directors or Trustees;
- Reviewing expenditures of Trust Monies by Chief & Council to ensure that such expenditures have not varied from the budget approved through the community approval process as required in the both Trust Agreements; and
- Establishing a schedule of activities to ensure that the Nisichawayasihk & Taskinigahp Trust budget is submitted for Chief & Council for approval.
- Must be a respected Citizen from the community and resides in the community.
- Must be 18 years old.
- Free from conflict of interest situations
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Nora Thomas, Human Resource Administrator
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-1178
Fax: (204) 484-2588