Human Resources Administrative Assistant (18-24 Months)
Canadian Kraft Paper Industries Limited offers a work environment that promotes diversity, embraces change, and encourages continuous growth and development for every team member. We offer a workplace where everyone plays an essential role in our success and where individual efforts are acknowledged. The Human Resources Department is a fast paced, multifaceted department and if you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment, we want you to be a part of our Team!
We encourage innovation, growth and change in an open environment, and we believe in and practice sustainable forest management.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Administrative Assistant provides full administrative and associated clerical support in a highly efficient, accurate and confidential manner to the Human Resources Department. This position communicates with various internal and external customers such as managers, superintendents, supervisors, employees, government agencies, the public and 3rd party service providers.
- The research, format development, updating and maintaining reports, ensuring accountability for the accuracy and recommendations of information collected and content proposed;
- Analyzes and evaluates all communication received and using knowledge of the Human Resources department, replies to or redirects inquiries, distributes or drafts appropriate replies, recommends follow up action and prepares supporting documentation where required;
- Manages and coordinates appointments, meetings and travel arrangements;
- Assists with the coordination and administration of training courses as required including registrations, organizing facilities, maintaining certification records;
- Records and updates employee information in the HRIS system;
- Responsible for the administration for the Length of Service, Retirement and Safety recognition programs;
- Explain and interpret policies, agreements and procedures on a regular basis;
- Assists with the internal and external recruitment process;
- Assists with employee and community engagement activities;
- Greets all visitors to the Administrative Office Building and direct foot traffic according.
- The incumbent will possess a Grade 12 education with successful completion of an appropriate post-secondary business and or administrative program. Previous experience in a senior administrative level may be considered;
- The successful applicant is required to be a self-starter with excellent organizations, interpersonal and time management skills;
- Possess the ability to work with interruptions and reprioritize workload through reassessment of changing priorities;
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs;
- Confidentiality is mandatory in this position.
Canadian Kraft Paper offers competitive wages and a group benefits package that helps takes care of you and your family; including health, dental, life and AD&D insurance. Providing a company sponsored pension plan, is another way that we assist our employees prepare for their future. Canadian Kraft Paper understands that what
defines a person is more than just their career. At CKP we support a work/life balance, so that you can live the life that makes you……YOU!