Department: Northern Authority
Position: 1 (one) representative on the Board of the First Nations of Northern Manitoba CFS Authority
Deadline: October 8, 2020
Start Date: To be announced.
Salary Range: Honorarium based.
Ref #: NCN 2020-09-24-001
NCN is seeking a community member to serve as a member on the First Nations of Northern Manitoba CFS Authority Board.
Qualifications of Board Member:
The Northern Authority shall be governed in the spirit and intent of the Aboriginal Justice Inquiry-Child Welfare Initiative, accordingly, members of the board of directors will be individuals who are residents of Manitoba that are members at large of one of the communities served by the agencies mandated by the Northern Authority and who:
- are committed to the objectives of the Northern Authority to oversee the delivery of child and family services by mandated agencies for the best interests of children, families and communities, and
- have the ability to actively participate in Board deliberations, and
- are willing to respect other directors and to share power in the group process, and
- hold a professional designation in a field that is relevant to the powers, duties and responsibilities of the Northern Authority, or possess extensive experience in child and family services, finance, human resources, or administration, and
- are familiar with indigenous language and culture.
Term of Office of Board –Members of the Board of the Authority shall serve three (3) year terms. There shall be no limitation on the number of terms that may be served by a Director. Upon the term being expired a Director’s term shall automatically be extended so that the Director shall continue to serve on the Board until a member is ratified by the appointing body.
Powers and Duties of the Board – The Board of Directors shall exercise all such powers and perform all such duties as are not expressly prohibited by statute or these by-laws as amended from time to time. The Board is specifically empowered to:
- Select or cause to be selected, and remove or cause to be removed from time to time, the Chief Executive Officer of the Authority and to define or cause to be defined the duties and fix or cause to be fixed the remuneration of the Chief Executive Officer as may be necessary for the carrying on of business of the Authority;
- Exercise all powers of the Authority granted to it under the Authorities Act, and such powers as are ancillary or incidental thereto;
- Oversee in general all the business and affairs of the Authority.
Once the selection has been made by NCN, the then the board of directors of the Northern Authority is to be appointed by Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak Inc.
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Kim Linklater, Executive Director of Human Resources
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-2107
Fax: (204) 484-2588