Department: NCN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
Position: BEER VENDOR ATTENDANT X 4 POSITION
Start Date: TBA
Shift work: 1:00pm to 8:00pm (7 days on/7 days off)
Ref #: NCN 2020-12-01-001
Deadline: Friday, December 11, 2020
This position is responsible for the sale of Beer and Cigarettes.
RESPONSIBLITIES AND DUTIES:
- Sale of Beer and Cigarettes
- Count float before start of shift. If, float is short contact office during day, and Bar Manager or General Manager in the evening
- Ensure Status Card is provided prior to providing tax exemptions. Anyone found to be giving tax exemption with recording “Status” number, may be subject to immediate termination.
- Complete cash-out at end of shift, placing cash, debit and sales slips in pouch and dropping in safe.
- Retail area must be kept clean and tidy
- Sanitize counter and debit machine throughout shift
- Empty garbage when full
- Wipe down Beer Cooler
- Break down and recycle empty beer flats
- Sweep floor at the end of each shift
- Empties Room
- Keep clean and tidy
- Sweep up broken bottles or garbage
- Empty garbage when full.
- Other duties as assigned
- Acquire Criminal Record Check
- Acquire Smart Choice Certification within 3 weeks from hire date.
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to refuse service when the need arises
- Basic math skills
- Willing to learn and take direction
- Consistent bending and lifting
- Consistently in and out of cold environment
- Use of computer and debit machine
- Deal with loud noises, crowds
- Deal with potentially upset customers
- Hand fast-paced environment that is often stressful at time.
- Must be able to handle various personnel and other situations in a professional manner
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Kim Linklater, Executive Director of Human Resources
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-2107
Fax: (204) 484-2588
We thank all who submit an expression of interest, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.