Employer: NCN Three Rivers Store
Position: Assistant Grocery Store Manager
Deadline: Friday, June 26, 2020 @ 12:00 PM
Start Date: TBD
Wage Range: TBD
Ref #: NCN 2020-06-15-001
The Assistant Grocery Store Manager will report to the Store Manager and is responsible for providing assistance to the upper management team in supervising and facilitating the daily operations of the store according to set goals and business objectives. Daily operations include staff scheduling, supervision and management, customer satisfaction, product quality assurance, store maintenance, and health and safety compliance.
• Provide assistance to upper management in supervising and facilitating the daily operations of the store.
• Grocery Manager is responsible to take charge of the operations in the grocery department of the store.
• Provide direction, guidance and instruction to all store associates as required.
• Assist in ensuring that store conditions are consistently upheld to established standards.
• Assist in creating weekly staffing schedules; ensuring staffing levels adequately meet business needs.
• Liaise constantly with the various departments of the store to ensure information is conveyed properly and expectations are communicated.
• Greet and assist customers in a way that models exemplary conduct to other staff.
• Ensure that grocery supply are met with the demand.
• Responsible to order and stock products, manage inventory and check for expiration dates.
• Ensure that all health, safety and security regulations are adhered to and required standards are met
• Oversee and assist in inventory management.
• Other duties as required.
• Completion of High School/College related to management or equivalent.
• Minimum of (2) years work experience in the groceries industry required.
• Minimum (2) years work experience in a supervisory role in a retail / supermarket environment required.
• Excellent time management and prioritizing skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to train and motivate staff required.
• Skills to monitor and assess staff performance required.
• Basic office administration skills required.
• Highly effective teamwork skills.
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
• Thorough understanding of applicable health and safety legislation.
• Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential.
• Able to work a flexible schedule, weekends and evenings may be required.
• Overtime as required.
If you are interested, please forward your cover letter, Criminal Records Check and resume to:
Kim Linklater, Executive Director of Human Resources
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-2107
Fax: (204) 484-2588